Wacom serial driver - OS2

This is a discussion on Wacom serial driver - OS2 ; I had this (from the author of Queency) working before, but now it doesn't The relevant CONFIG.SYS lines are: DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\COM.SYS DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCOM.SYS DEVICE=D:\DRIVER\W1_011\PENDD.SYS DEVICE=D:\DRIVER\W1_011\EMI.SYS DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\POINTDD.SYS DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\MOUSE.SYS DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VMOUSE.SYS REM DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\COM.SYS REM DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCOM.SYS AIUI the drivers need to be before mouse.sys I have ...

  1. Wacom serial driver

    I had this (from the author of Queency) working before, but now it
    doesn't

    The relevant CONFIG.SYS lines are:
    DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\COM.SYS
    DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCOM.SYS
    DEVICE=D:\DRIVER\W1_011\PENDD.SYS
    DEVICE=D:\DRIVER\W1_011\EMI.SYS
    DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\POINTDD.SYS
    DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\MOUSE.SYS
    DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VMOUSE.SYS
    REM DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\COM.SYS
    REM DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCOM.SYS

    AIUI the drivers need to be before mouse.sys I have tried them before
    and after COM.SYS, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Does
    anyone have it working? I am using eCS RC2

    Stuart

  2. Re: Wacom serial driver

    On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:29:19 UTC, Stuart Gray wrote:

    > I had this (from the author of Queency) working before, but now it
    > doesn't
    >
    > The relevant CONFIG.SYS lines are:
    > DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\COM.SYS
    > DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCOM.SYS
    > DEVICE=D:\DRIVER\W1_011\PENDD.SYS
    > DEVICE=D:\DRIVER\W1_011\EMI.SYS
    > DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\POINTDD.SYS
    > DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\MOUSE.SYS
    > DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VMOUSE.SYS
    > REM DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\COM.SYS
    > REM DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCOM.SYS
    >
    > AIUI the drivers need to be before mouse.sys I have tried them
    > before and after COM.SYS, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
    > Does anyone have it working? I am using eCS RC2

    I don't know anything about this device but I'd think the order
    should be like this:

    --
    == == almost usable email address: Rich AT E-vertise.Com == ==

    | DragText v3.9 with NLS support
    Rich Walsh | A Distinctly Different Desktop Enhancement
    Ft Myers, FL | http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/

  3. Re: Wacom serial driver

    On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:29:19 UTC, Stuart Gray wrote:

    > I had this (from the author of Queency) working before, but now it
    > doesn't
    >
    > The relevant CONFIG.SYS lines are:
    > DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\COM.SYS
    > DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCOM.SYS
    > DEVICE=D:\DRIVER\W1_011\PENDD.SYS
    > DEVICE=D:\DRIVER\W1_011\EMI.SYS
    > DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\POINTDD.SYS
    > DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\MOUSE.SYS
    > DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VMOUSE.SYS
    > REM DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\COM.SYS
    > REM DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCOM.SYS
    >
    > AIUI the drivers need to be before mouse.sys I have tried them before
    > and after COM.SYS, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Does
    > anyone have it working? I am using eCS RC2
    >
    > Stuart

    Hi Stuart,

    I have a Wacom serial tablet too, and it works with eCS 2.0 beta 3 here, but it only
    does work correctly with an older version of mouse.sys. The latest version that works
    here is the version that shipped with eCS version 1.2. (mouse.sys from 29-04-2004,
    30.947 bytes)
    With the newer versions of mouse.sys I can move the cursor around, the buttons don't
    work.

    --
    HTH, Rob Claessen
    _________________

  4. Re: Wacom serial driver

    Rob Claessen wrote:
    > On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:29:19 UTC, Stuart Gray wrote:
    >

    >>I had this (from the author of Queency) working before, but now it
    >>doesn't
    >>
    >>The relevant CONFIG.SYS lines are:
    >>DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\COM.SYS
    >>DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCOM.SYS
    >>DEVICE=D:\DRIVER\W1_011\PENDD.SYS
    >>DEVICE=D:\DRIVER\W1_011\EMI.SYS
    >>DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\POINTDD.SYS
    >>DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\MOUSE.SYS
    >>DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VMOUSE.SYS
    >>REM DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\COM.SYS
    >>REM DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCOM.SYS
    >>
    >>AIUI the drivers need to be before mouse.sys I have tried them before
    >>and after COM.SYS, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Does
    >>anyone have it working? I am using eCS RC2
    >>
    >>Stuart

    > Hi Stuart,
    >
    > I have a Wacom serial tablet too, and it works with eCS 2.0 beta 3 here, but it only
    > does work correctly with an older version of mouse.sys. The latest version that works
    > here is the version that shipped with eCS version 1.2. (mouse.sys from 29-04-2004,
    > 30.947 bytes)
    > With the newer versions of mouse.sys I can move the cursor around, the buttons don't
    > work.

    Thanks for the file, but it hsn't helped

    I am wondering if there is a problem with the COM driver. The board
    works fine in Windoze, and as I say it worked before. I can't even get
    it to initialise. How can I check the port?

  5. Re: Wacom serial driver

    On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:59:55 UTC, Stuart Gray wrote:

    > Rob Claessen wrote:
    > > On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:29:19 UTC, Stuart Gray wrote:
    > >

    > >>I had this (from the author of Queency) working before, but now it
    > >>doesn't
    > >>
    > >>The relevant CONFIG.SYS lines are:
    > >>DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\COM.SYS
    > >>DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCOM.SYS
    > >>DEVICE=D:\DRIVER\W1_011\PENDD.SYS
    > >>DEVICE=D:\DRIVER\W1_011\EMI.SYS
    > >>DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\POINTDD.SYS
    > >>DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\MOUSE.SYS
    > >>DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VMOUSE.SYS
    > >>REM DEVICE=E:\OS2\BOOT\COM.SYS
    > >>REM DEVICE=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCOM.SYS
    > >>
    > >>AIUI the drivers need to be before mouse.sys I have tried them before
    > >>and after COM.SYS, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Does
    > >>anyone have it working? I am using eCS RC2
    > >>
    > >>Stuart

    > > Hi Stuart,
    > >
    > > I have a Wacom serial tablet too, and it works with eCS 2.0 beta 3 here, but it only
    > > does work correctly with an older version of mouse.sys. The latest version that works
    > > here is the version that shipped with eCS version 1.2. (mouse.sys from 29-04-2004,
    > > 30.947 bytes)
    > > With the newer versions of mouse.sys I can move the cursor around, the buttons don't
    > > work.
    > >

    > Thanks for the file, but it hsn't helped

    Sorry that it didn't help. :-(

    > I am wondering if there is a problem with the COM driver. The board
    > works fine in Windoze, and as I say it worked before. I can't even get
    > it to initialise. How can I check the port?

    I'am not sure, but I think you can only really test it with a working device attached
    to it ?
    Can't you use your second comport to test the Wacom Tablet ?

    --
    HTH, Rob Claessen
    _________________

  6. Re: Wacom serial driver

    On Sep 12, 1:18*pm, "Rob Claessen"
    wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:59:55 UTC, Stuart Gray wrote:
    > > Rob Claessen wrote:

    > > > Hi Stuart,

    > > > I have a Wacom serial tablet too, and it works with eCS 2.0 beta 3 here, but it only
    > > > does work correctly with an older version of mouse.sys. The latest version that works
    > > > here is the version that shipped with eCS version 1.2. (mouse.sys from 29-04-2004,
    > > > 30.947 bytes)
    > > > With the newer versions of mouse.sys I can move the cursor around, the buttons don't
    > > > work.

    > > Thanks for the file, but it hsn't helped

    > Sorry that it didn't help. :-(
    >

    > > I am wondering if there is a problem with the COM driver. *The board
    > > works fine in Windoze, and as I say it worked before. *I can't even get
    > > it to initialise. *How can I check the port?

    > I'am not sure, but I think you can only really test it with a working device attached
    > to it ?
    > Can't you use your second comport to test the Wacom Tablet ?
    >
    > --
    > HTH, Rob Claessen
    > _________________

    Its a laptop (Thinkpad T40), so I only have one port, but the port
    itself is fine - the board is OK with the same machine running
    Windows. But I don't have Queency on Windows, and it is my favourite
    graphics editor.

  7. Re: Wacom serial driver

    On Sep 13, 1:54*pm, srtgray wrote:
    > On Sep 12, 1:18*pm, "Rob Claessen"
    > wrote:

    > > > Thanks for the file, but it hsn't helped

    > > Sorry that it didn't help. :-(

    > > > I am wondering if there is a problem with the COM driver. *The board
    > > > works fine in Windoze, and as I say it worked before. *I can't evenget
    > > > it to initialise. *How can I check the port?

    > > I'am not sure, but I think you can only really test it with a working device attached
    > > to it ?
    > > Can't you use your second comport to test the Wacom Tablet ?

    > > --
    > > HTH, Rob Claessen
    > > _________________

    > Its a laptop (Thinkpad T40), so I only have one port, but the port
    > itself is fine - the board is OK with the same machine running
    > Windows. *But I don't have Queency on Windows, and it is my favourite
    > graphics editor.

    Rob,

    I am wondering if it is my other files (PENDD and EMI) - do you think
    you could email me your copies of those? Sorry to be such a pain.
    Thanks.

    Stuart

+ Reply to Thread