Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics! - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics! - OS2 ; On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:25:23 +0100, rand mair fheal wrote: > In article , "Peter Hucker" > wrote: > >> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 02:25:06 +0100, rand mair fheal >> wrote: >> >> > In article , "Peter ...

  1. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:25:23 +0100, rand mair fheal wrote:

    > In article , "Peter Hucker"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 02:25:06 +0100, rand mair fheal
    >> wrote:

    >> > water based inks do
    >> > theres even a form of water color that used water based ink markers
    >> > that you then moisten and use a brush on
    >> >
    >> > (similar to paint thiner on prismacolor to blend the strokes)

    >> Water based ink =/ water.

    > but water based inks are as weak as water

    Tell you what, I'll drink 3 pints of water, and you drink 3 pints of water based ink.

    Then decide.

    A thousand monkeys pounding on a thousand keyboards will eventually produce either the bible, or a system error.

  2. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:26:27 +0100, rand mair fheal wrote:

    > In article , "Peter Hucker"
    > wrote:

    >> > Yes, I did. Hence the assertion that I was anxious about separating my
    >> > colour-space!

    >> > Aw con't rare.

    >> > From
    >> >
    >> > "Why black ink is used
    >> >
    >> > The “black� generated by mixing Cyan, Magenta and Yellow primaries is
    >> > unsatisfactory, and so four-color printing uses black ink in addition to
    >> > the
    >> > subtractive primaries. Common reasons for using black ink include:[5]
    >> >
    >> > * Text is typically printed in black and includes fine detail (such as
    >> > serifs), so to reproduce text or other finely detailed outlines using three
    >> > inks without slight blurring would require impractically accurate
    >> > registration
    >> > (i.e. all three images would need to be aligned extremely precisely).
    >> >
    >> > * A combination of 100% cyan, magenta, and yellow inks soaks the paper
    >> > with ink, making it slower to dry, and sometimes impractically so.
    >> >
    >> > * A combination of 100% cyan, magenta, and yellow inks often results in
    >> > muddy dark brown color that does not quite appear black. Adding black ink
    >> > absorbs more light, and yields much darker blacks.
    >> >
    >> > * Using black ink is less expensive than using the corresponding
    >> > amounts
    >> > of colored inks.
    >> >
    >> > When a very dark area is desirable, a colored or gray CMY “bedding� is
    >> > applied
    >> > first, then a full black layer is applied on top, making a rich, deep
    >> > black;
    >> > this is called rich black.[6] A black made with just CMY inks is sometimes
    >> > called a composite black.
    >> >
    >> > The amount of black to use to replace amounts of the other ink is variable,
    >> > and the choice depends on the technology, paper and ink in use. Processes
    >> > called under color removal, under color addition, and gray component
    >> > replacement are used to decide on the final mix; different CMYK recipes
    >> > will
    >> > be used depending on the printing task."
    >> >
    >> > If I don't need black, it isn't used.

    >> My photo editor refers to RGB, CMYK, and HSL.

    > it should be lab or lxy or luv

    Why's that luv?

    A man and a woman were sitting beside each other in the first-class section of a jet liner.
    The woman sneezed, took out a tissue, gently wiped her nose, then visibly shuddered for ten or fifteen seconds.
    The man went back to his reading.
    A few minutes later, the woman sneezed again, took a tissue, wiped her nose, then shuddered quite violently once more. Assuming the woman might have a cold, the man was still curious about the shuddering.
    Unable to restrain his curiosity, the man turned to the woman, and said, "I couldn't help but notice that you've sneezed three times, wiped your nose, then shuddered violently. Are you okay?"
    "Sorry if I disturbed you," the woman replied. "I have a very rare medical condition; whenever I sneeze, I have an orgasm."
    The man, more than a bit embarrassed, was still curious. "I've never heard of that condition before," he said. "Are you taking anything for it?"
    "Yes," the woman nodded. "Pepper."

  3. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:24:11 +0100, rand mair fheal wrote:
    >
    >> In article , "Peter Hucker"
    >> wrote:

    >>> Why is it no printer I've come across will print in black when one of the
    >>> colours has run out?

    >> you need an infinite ink supply
    >> higher end printers

    > Didn't know they came with those. I've seen them advertised to fit regular printers though.

    Mine does.

  4. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    In article , "Peter Hucker"
    wrote:

    > On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:26:27 +0100, rand mair fheal
    > wrote:
    >
    > > In article , "Peter Hucker"
    > >
    > > wrote:

    > >> My photo editor refers to RGB, CMYK, and HSL.

    > > it should be lab or lxy or luv

    > Why's that luv?

    cest le c-i-e
    cest le francais

    arf meow arf - cats and dogs living together - who ya goin call
    its the end of the world as you know it - filler text goes here
    this is how the world ends - not with a whimper but with a bang
    this is how the world ends - not with a whimper but with a bang

  5. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    rand mair fheal wrote:
    > In article <48eac795$0$33690$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews .com>,
    > ah wrote:
    >
    >> rand mair fheal wrote:

    >> > presses to presses
    >> > paper dust to paper dust

    >> Registration is over, Ser.

    > offset me jesus
    > through the rollers of life

    A mere facsimili.

    > http://www.bertc.com/subfour/truth/dropkick.htm

    Filth!
    --
    ah

  6. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    rand mair fheal wrote:
    > In article <48eac809$0$33690$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews .com>,
    > ah wrote:
    >
    >> rand mair fheal wrote:

    >> > bone black with prussian blue is nice rich black

    >> Kinda Elvis-esque, though, 't'nt?

    > that would be black velvet
    > bone black is burnt bone which is very black black
    >
    > mars black is an iron oxide
    > and it can turn reddish if its too thin

    PYP!

    >> > ti dioxide with traces of other colors
    >> > like ultramarine cad yellow or cad red
    >> > in different regions makes a rich white

    >> Mmmm . . . cream leathuh.

    > cohninthian leathuh

    Core Dubya!
    --
    ah

  7. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    ah wrote:
    > rand mair fheal wrote:
    >> In article <48eac809$0$33690$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews .com>,
    >> ah wrote:

    >>> Kinda Elvis-esque, though, 't'nt?

    >> that would be black velvet
    >> bone black is burnt bone which is very black black
    >>
    >> mars black is an iron oxide
    >> and it can turn reddish if its too thin

    > PYP!

    >>> Mmmm . . . cream leathuh.

    >> cohninthian leathuh

    > Core Dubya!

    Are you a latent saddle sniffer?

  8. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:48:38 +0100, rand mair fheal wrote:

    > In article , "Peter Hucker"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:26:27 +0100, rand mair fheal
    >> wrote:

    >> > it should be lab or lxy or luv

    >> Why's that luv?

    > cest le c-i-e
    > cest le francais

    Speak English boy!

    The only two animals that can see behind themselves without turning their heads are the rabbit and the parrot.

  9. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:48:38 +0100, rand mair fheal wrote:
    >
    >> In article , "Peter Hucker"
    >> wrote:

    >>> Why's that luv?

    >> cest le c-i-e
    >> cest le francais

    > Speak English boy!

    Oui!

  10. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:48:38 +0100, rand mair fheal wrote:
    >
    >> In article , "Peter Hucker"
    >> wrote:

    >>> Why's that luv?

    >> cest le c-i-e
    >> cest le francais

    > Speak English boy!

    Yurp.

  11. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    newsp.uironshk4buhsv@fx62.mshome.net...

    wrote:

    soaks the

    so.

    often results

    Adding black

    corresponding

    “bedding�

    rich, deep

    is

    is

    use.

    component

    CMYK recipes

    > >> Why's that luv?

    > > cest le c-i-e
    > > cest le francais

    > Speak English boy!

    WHY, YOU CAN'T SPEAK IT?

    HJ

  12. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 02:15:55 +0100, ah wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Hucker wrote:

    >>> Don't you mean "ASL?"

    >> http://www.esl.com/
    >>
    >> Are you on Haldol, or something?

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASL
    >
    > Entry two.

    Thanks, but I'm not prepared for that kind of relationship, Peter.
    --
    ah

  13. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    http://www.couleur.org/index.php?page=transformations
    --
    ah

  14. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    news:48eeb032$0$67980$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.oct anews.com...

    wrote:

    <48e5f365$0$67959$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews .com>, ah

    > >> Yes, I did. Hence the assertion that I was anxious about

    separating my
    > >> colour-space!

    > >> Aw con't rare.

    > >> From
    > >>
    > >> "Why black ink is used
    > >>
    > >> The “black” generated by mixing Cyan, Magenta and Yellow primaries

    is
    > >> unsatisfactory, and so four-color printing uses black ink in

    addition to the
    > >> subtractive primaries. Common reasons for using black ink

    include:[5]

    > >> * Text is typically printed in black and includes fine detail

    (such as
    > >> serifs), so to reproduce text or other finely detailed outlines

    using three
    > >> inks without slight blurring would require impractically accurate

    registration
    > >> (i.e. all three images would need to be aligned extremely

    precisely).

    > >> * A combination of 100% cyan, magenta, and yellow inks soaks

    the paper
    > >> with ink, making it slower to dry, and sometimes impractically so.
    > >>
    > >> * A combination of 100% cyan, magenta, and yellow inks often

    results in a
    > >> muddy dark brown color that does not quite appear black. Adding

    black ink
    > >> absorbs more light, and yields much darker blacks.
    > >>
    > >> * Using black ink is less expensive than using the

    corresponding amounts
    > >> of colored inks.
    > >>
    > >> When a very dark area is desirable, a colored or gray CMY “bedding”

    is applied
    > >> first, then a full black layer is applied on top, making a rich,

    deep black;
    > >> this is called rich black.[6] A black made with just CMY inks is

    sometimes
    > >> called a composite black.
    > >>
    > >> The amount of black to use to replace amounts of the other ink is

    variable,
    > >> and the choice depends on the technology, paper and ink in use.

    Processes
    > >> called under color removal, under color addition, and gray

    component
    > >> replacement are used to decide on the final mix; different CMYK

    recipes will
    > >> be used depending on the printing task."
    > >>
    > >> If I don't need black, it isn't used.

    > > My photo editor refers to RGB, CMYK, and HSL.

    > http://www.couleur.org/index.php?page=transformations
    > --
    > ah

    Old "ah" still has a few dance steps left in him:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMEGN2bdVJk

    HJ

  15. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    ah wrote:
    > Peter Hucker wrote:

    >>> http://www.esl.com/
    >>>
    >>> Are you on Haldol, or something?

    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASL
    >>
    >> Entry two.

    > Thanks, but I'm not prepared for that kind of relationship, Peter.

    Why!? would your boyfriend get upset?

  16. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 02:30:35 +0100, ah wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Hucker wrote:

    >>> My photo editor refers to RGB, CMYK, and HSL.

    >> http://www.couleur.org/index.php?page=transformations

    > Arctan?!?! ****ing hell. What is the point of all these? RGB for light (monitors), and CMYK for ink (printers). What's the need for anything else?

    You said--and I quote--"There is no such colourspace as CMY."

    Q.E.D.
    --
    ah

  17. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 00:52:11 +0100, ah wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:

    >>> http://www.couleur.org/index.php?page=transformations

    >> Arctan?!?! ****ing hell. What is the point of all these? RGB for light (monitors), and CMYK for ink (printers). What's the need for anything else?

    > You said--and I quote--"There is no such colourspace as CMY."
    >
    > Q.E.D.

    Ok, no such useful colourspace. You try mixing C M and Y. You will not get black. More likely the colour of diarhea.

    With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.

  18. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    rand mair fheal wrote:
    > In article , "Peter Hucker"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 02:28:38 +0100, rand mair fheal
    >> wrote:

    >> > actually there is on some printers
    >> > they take cmy (or ymc) input and do k substitution in the printer

    >> Why is it no printer I've come across will print in black when one of the
    >> colours has run out?

    > you need an infinite ink supply
    > higher end printers

    Elitist!
    --
    ah

  19. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    What does this have to do with Australian politics, ah?

    On Oct 15, 12:42*pm, ah wrote:
    > rand mair fheal wrote:
    > > In article , "Peter Hucker"
    > > wrote:

    > >> Why is it no printer I've come across will print in black when one of the
    > >> colours has run out?

    > > you need an infinite ink supply
    > > higher end printers

    > Elitist!
    > --
    > ah- Hide quoted text -

  20. Re: Don't fret, Kanga, there's always the Paralympics!

    Non-sequitur, Peter.
    --
    ah