FM/2 3.13 Released - OS2

This is a discussion on FM/2 3.13 Released - OS2 ; I have just uploaded FM/2 3.13 to ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/fm2 (moving to ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/fm2 ) and to hobbes http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-bro...ming&sort=date moving to http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-bro...2/util/browser Changes are listed below: o Trash can only used for drives that support it; it is not used as default Ticket ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: FM/2 3.13 Released

  1. FM/2 3.13 Released

    I have just uploaded FM/2 3.13 to ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/fm2
    (moving to
    ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/fm2) and to hobbes
    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-bro...ming&sort=date
    moving to
    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-bro...2/util/browser

    Changes are listed below:
    o Trash can only used for drives that support it; it is not used as
    default Ticket 250
    (Gregg)
    o Check disk space remaining for temp and user files; Fix several
    issues related to full
    drives. Tickets 154, 214, 268, 271 (Gregg)
    o Added current toolbar and target directory to states. Ticket 259 (John)
    o Add BMP resources for the 7 FM2 provided toolbars & make it clear
    how to turn them
    off. Tickets 273, 274 (Gregg, David)
    o Fix problems with default toolbars and develop a seamless install
    saving user
    modifications. Ticket 267 (John)
    o Fix issues with the toolbar button edit/add etc code. Tickets 260,
    264, 266, 272, 275
    (Gregg)
    o Fix Dirsizes issues including a trap. Tickets 224, 255, 269 (Gregg)
    o Performance optimizations. Tickets 252, 253 (Gregg)
    o Interface cleanup; Tickets 257, 258, 261, 262, 270 (Gregg)
    o Some additional bugs fixed; Tickets 254, 256, 278 & several without
    tickets (Gregg,
    Steven)
    o Developed a release validation assistant. Ticket 107 (John)

    Thanks

    Gregg

  2. Re: FM/2 3.13 Released

    On 2 Set, 04:01, Gregg Young wrote:
    > I have just uploaded FM/2 3.13 toftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/fm2
    > (moving toftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/fm2) and to hobbeshttp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-browse?dir=/pub/incoming&sort=date
    > moving tohttp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-browse?sh=1&dir=//pub/os2/util/browser


    Wnnderful work, Gregg! Will download this evening.

    I've got just a request: it would be useful to add some kind of
    progress bar for operations like copying and moving files. Especially
    with huge files (100 MiB and over), it's a little frustrating not to
    know how's going the operation.

    I hope it isn't a too difficult feature to add?

    Mentore

  3. Re: FM/2 3.13 Released

    mentoruccio wrote:
    > On 2 Set, 04:01, Gregg Young wrote:
    >> I have just uploaded FM/2 3.13 toftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/fm2
    >> (moving toftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/fm2) and to hobbeshttp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-browse?dir=/pub/incoming&sort=date
    >> moving tohttp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-browse?sh=1&dir=//pub/os2/util/browser

    >
    > Wnnderful work, Gregg! Will download this evening.
    >
    > I've got just a request: it would be useful to add some kind of
    > progress bar for operations like copying and moving files. Especially
    > with huge files (100 MiB and over), it's a little frustrating not to
    > know how's going the operation.
    >
    > I hope it isn't a too difficult feature to add?
    >
    > Mentore


    I shouldn't be to hard to at least provide some indication it is still
    doing something (an accurate time remaining would be much harder). File
    a ticket at http://svn.netlabs.org/fm2 (the instructions are under
    support lower down on the page). This will help us remember. You should
    probably download 3.13 from netlabs as there appear to be some problems
    as a result of the hobbes server change over preventing download of wpi
    files from hobbes. Thanks

    Gregg

  4. Re: FM/2 3.13 Released

    On Sep 2, 4:09 pm, Gregg Young wrote:
    > mentoruccio wrote:
    > > On 2 Set, 04:01, Gregg Young wrote:
    > >> I have just uploaded FM/2 3.13 toftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/fm2
    > >> (moving toftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/fm2) and to hobbeshttp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-browse?dir=/pub/incoming&sort=date
    > >> moving tohttp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-browse?sh=1&dir=//pub/os2/util/browser

    >
    > > Wnnderful work, Gregg! Will download this evening.

    >
    > > I've got just a request: it would be useful to add some kind of
    > > progress bar for operations like copying and moving files. Especially
    > > with huge files (100 MiB and over), it's a little frustrating not to
    > > know how's going the operation.

    >
    > > I hope it isn't a too difficult feature to add?

    >
    > > Mentore

    >
    > I shouldn't be to hard to at least provide some indication it is still
    > doing something (an accurate time remaining would be much harder). File
    > a ticket athttp://svn.netlabs.org/fm2(the instructions are under
    > support lower down on the page). This will help us remember. You should
    > probably download 3.13 from netlabs as there appear to be some problems
    > as a result of the hobbes server change over preventing download of wpi
    > files from hobbes. Thanks
    >
    > Gregg


    Gregg

    I think there has been a ticket listed for quite awhile stating more
    accurate progress bars are needed.

    It is ticket #2 - Fix progress indicators so they update appropriately

    David

  5. Re: FM/2 3.13 Released

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:09:35 UTC, Gregg Young
    wrote:

    > mentoruccio wrote:
    > >
    > > I've got just a request: it would be useful to add some kind of
    > > progress bar for operations like copying and moving files. Especially
    > > with huge files (100 MiB and over), it's a little frustrating not to
    > > know how's going the operation.
    > >
    > > I hope it isn't a too difficult feature to add?

    >
    > I shouldn't be to hard to at least provide some indication it is still
    > doing something (an accurate time remaining would be much harder). File
    > a ticket at http://svn.netlabs.org/fm2 (the instructions are under
    > support lower down on the page). This will help us remember. You should
    > probably download 3.13 from netlabs as there appear to be some problems
    > as a result of the hobbes server change over preventing download of wpi
    > files from hobbes. Thanks
    >
    > Gregg


    Did it, downloaded it, filing ticket. Great job, Gregg, keep it up.

    Mentore

  6. Re: FM/2 3.13 Released

    In <42260d53-22b0-4658-8ab0-4694f46c0692@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, on
    09/02/2008
    at 10:08 PM, dwgras@swbell.net said:

    Hi,

    >I think there has been a ticket listed for quite awhile stating more
    >accurate progress bars are needed.


    >It is ticket #2 - Fix progress indicators so they update appropriately


    This one is similar, but not quite what Mentore is asking for. Ticket #2,
    which probably is ready to close by now was to ensure that the
    "inter-file" progess indicators did not get lost. I think these are
    fixed.

    Mentore is asking for "intra-file" progress indicators. This is somewhat
    difficult to do accurately since we use DosCopy to do the work. What we
    might be able to do is have a one of the background threads monitor file
    space usage at the destination and use this to estimate completion.


    Steven

    --
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00.11.16 BETA #10183
    eCS/Warp/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.ca.webbnet.info #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  7. Re: FM/2 3.13 Released

    Mentore Siesto wrote:
    > On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:09:35 UTC, Gregg Young
    > wrote:
    >
    >> mentoruccio wrote:
    >>> I've got just a request: it would be useful to add some kind of
    >>> progress bar for operations like copying and moving files. Especially
    >>> with huge files (100 MiB and over), it's a little frustrating not to
    >>> know how's going the operation.
    >>>
    >>> I hope it isn't a too difficult feature to add?

    >> I shouldn't be to hard to at least provide some indication it is still
    >> doing something (an accurate time remaining would be much harder). File
    >> a ticket at http://svn.netlabs.org/fm2 (the instructions are under
    >> support lower down on the page). This will help us remember. You should
    >> probably download 3.13 from netlabs as there appear to be some problems
    >> as a result of the hobbes server change over preventing download of wpi
    >> files from hobbes. Thanks
    >>
    >> Gregg

    >
    > Did it, downloaded it, filing ticket. Great job, Gregg, keep it up.
    >


    Mentore

    Thanks I don't see a new ticket on this was there a problem with
    entering it?

    Gregg

  8. Re: FM/2 3.13 Released

    On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 00:50:46 UTC, Gregg Young
    wrote:

    > Mentore Siesto wrote:
    > > On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:09:35 UTC, Gregg Young
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> mentoruccio wrote:

    > >
    > > Did it, downloaded it, filing ticket. Great job, Gregg, keep it up.

    >
    > Mentore
    >
    > Thanks I don't see a new ticket on this was there a problem with
    > entering it?
    >
    > Gregg


    I at first found #2 ticket and thought it was the same I was asking
    for. Actually it is not: I was thinking about a progress bar indicator
    or something similar, and Steven's idea was right was I was thinking
    of.

    Will file a ticket asap.

    Thanks.
    Mentore

  9. Re: FM/2 3.13 Released

    On Sep 7, 2:38 pm, "Mentore Siesto" wrote:
    > On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 00:50:46 UTC, Gregg Young
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Mentore Siesto wrote:
    > > > On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:09:35 UTC, Gregg Young
    > > > wrote:

    >
    > > >> mentoruccio wrote:

    >
    > > > Did it, downloaded it, filing ticket. Great job, Gregg, keep it up.

    >
    > > Mentore

    >
    > > Thanks I don't see a new ticket on this was there a problem with
    > > entering it?

    >
    > > Gregg

    >
    > I at first found #2 ticket and thought it was the same I was asking
    > for. Actually it is not: I was thinking about a progress bar indicator
    > or something similar, and Steven's idea was right was I was thinking
    > of.
    >
    > Will file a ticket asap.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Mentore


    This is my personal build of FM/2 3.13. I have changed some of the
    icons and toolbar bitmaps. The toolbars also include picks for the
    other quicklist toolbars. This one also contains some internal
    revisions that will be found in FM2-3-14-0. My latest build can be
    found at

    ftp://www.ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/f...8-09-25-DG.wpi

    I figured some people might prefer some of the cosmetic changes that I
    made for my build. If one prefers the original 3.13 version, just
    install back over my build.

    David

    David

  10. Re: FM/2 3.13 Released

    On Sep 25, 9:14 pm, dwg...@swbell.net wrote:
    > On Sep 7, 2:38 pm, "Mentore Siesto" wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 00:50:46 UTC, Gregg Young
    > > wrote:

    >
    > > > Mentore Siesto wrote:
    > > > > On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:09:35 UTC, Gregg Young
    > > > > wrote:

    >
    > > > >> mentoruccio wrote:

    >
    > > > > Did it, downloaded it, filing ticket. Great job, Gregg, keep it up.

    >
    > > > Mentore

    >
    > > > Thanks I don't see a new ticket on this was there a problem with
    > > > entering it?

    >
    > > > Gregg

    >
    > > I at first found #2 ticket and thought it was the same I was asking
    > > for. Actually it is not: I was thinking about a progress bar indicator
    > > or something similar, and Steven's idea was right was I was thinking
    > > of.

    >
    > > Will file a ticket asap.

    >
    > > Thanks.
    > > Mentore

    >
    > This is my personal build of FM/2 3.13. I have changed some of the
    > icons and toolbar bitmaps. The toolbars also include picks for the
    > other quicklist toolbars. This one also contains some internal
    > revisions that will be found in FM2-3-14-0. My latest build can be
    > found at
    >
    > ftp://www.ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/f...8-09-25-DG.wpi
    >
    > I figured some people might prefer some of the cosmetic changes that I
    > made for my build. If one prefers the original 3.13 version, just
    > install back over my build.
    >
    > David
    >
    > David


    In the FM/2 folder, you may have to click on the "Backup FM/2
    customizations and reset the defaults" to see the new toolbar changes.

    David

+ Reply to Thread