Firefox 3 ignores system dialog fonts - OS2

This is a discussion on Firefox 3 ignores system dialog fonts - OS2 ; Hi, I just upgraded to Firefox 3.0.1 (from 2.x). It works as expected so far, except for one thing: All dialogs use Times Roman font with unreasonable whitespace below and above each line. This blows up buttons and menu controls ...

  1. Firefox 3 ignores system dialog fonts

    Hi,

    I just upgraded to Firefox 3.0.1 (from 2.x). It works as expected so
    far, except for one thing:
    All dialogs use Times Roman font with unreasonable whitespace below and
    above each line. This blows up buttons and menu controls significantly.
    In some cases the text of the previous line is overwritten, e.g. the
    cookies list.

    Does anybody else experience the same problem? And is there a work around?

  2. Re: Firefox 3 ignores system dialog fonts

    In article <48ba7c32$0$12947$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net>,
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Marcel_M=FCller?= wrote:

    >Does anybody else experience the same problem? And is there a work around?

    You have to "polish the chrome". Although Firefox 3 is ported to OS/2,
    it isn't integrated with the WPS shell way of doing things.

    Here's an excerpt from a post I made a while back:

    ---------------------------------------
    I found a way to fix the fonts.
    Clues here: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html

    Basically, you make a userChrome.css file in your user\chrome directory
    (copy the userChrome-example.css file that is there).

    Then you add lines like the following:

    window {
    font-family: helv !important;
    }

    menubar, menubutton, menulist, menu, menuitem {
    font-family: helv !important;
    }

    input {
    font-family: helv !important;
    }

    #urlbar {
    font-family: helv !important;
    }

    You can fiddle with the sizes etc too - see the clue page.
    The fonts appear to be in bold, I'm going to fiddle with font-weight to see
    if I can make them look more like the fonts in 1.5.

    I dropped all of the above settings in at once, I haven't yet tried to see
    exactly what each one affects. I haven't found the keywords for the various
    dialog boxes and the option notebook etc yet.

    I also notice the drop-down boxes on the Google advanced search page are
    still serif fonts, I suspect I'll have to add a userContent.css file for
    that.

    Also, if you use a font name that isn't on your system in the "font-family"
    lines above, such as Arial on my system, it defaults to the font specified
    under "Tools -> Options -> Content". I suspect there's probably a
    font-family name such as "default" which forces this to occur. More research
    required...

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

  3. Re: Firefox 3 ignores system dialog fonts

    On 08/31/08 04:10 am, Marcel Müller wrote:

    > I just upgraded to Firefox 3.0.1 (from 2.x). It works as expected so
    > far, except for one thing:
    > All dialogs use Times Roman font

    Look for "Workplace Sans" in the readme file.

  4. Re: Firefox 3 ignores system dialog fonts

    Steve Wendt wrote:
    > Look for "Workplace Sans" in the readme file.

    Thanks, got it!

    Marcel

  5. Re: Firefox 3 ignores system dialog fonts

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 22:03:02 UTC, Marcel Müller
    wrote:

    > > Look for "Workplace Sans" in the readme file.

    > Thanks, got it!

    New version about to be released, BTW.

    --
    Alex Taylor