Status of IPFC? - OS2

This is a discussion on Status of IPFC? - OS2 ; Does Serenity have the source code to IPFC or active support from IBM? I'm running into a problem where error messages lack context and give line numbers a dozen lines away from the actual point of error. If there's a ...

  1. Status of IPFC?

    Does Serenity have the source code to IPFC or active support from IBM? I'm
    running into a problem where error messages lack context and give line
    numbers a dozen lines away from the actual point of error.

    If there's a chance of getting a fix then I'll put in a bug report, but
    first I'd like to know whether it's a lost cause.

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  2. Re: Status of IPFC?

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 00:10:33 UTC, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
    wrote:

    > Does Serenity have the source code to IPFC or active support from IBM? I'm
    > running into a problem where error messages lack context and give line
    > numbers a dozen lines away from the actual point of error.

    I can't speak authoritatively, but the answer (to both questions) is
    almost certainly "no".

    --
    Alex Taylor
    Fukushima, Japan

    Please take off hat when replying.

  3. Re: Status of IPFC?

    > If there's a chance of getting a fix then I'll put in a bug report,
    > but first I'd like to know whether it's a lost cause.

    Then put in your bug report? I'ld say there's "a" fix possible. If IPFC
    can detect and report the errors in the IPF source files, so can a pre-
    and/or postprocessor. IPFC.EXE itself doesn't have to be fixed, albeit
    that's obviously the preferred solution.

    ---

  4. Re: Status of IPFC?

    wrote:

    > Does Serenity have the source code to IPFC or active support from IBM? I'm
    > running into a problem where error messages lack context and give line
    > numbers a dozen lines away from the actual point of error.
    >
    > If there's a chance of getting a fix then I'll put in a bug report, but
    > first I'd like to know whether it's a lost cause.

    What level of IPFC? I have been using it heavily the past few days,
    and the error messages are correctly identifying the line numbers.

    \OS2TK45\bin\ipfc.exe 227,184 10/04/2001 11:36

    Operating System/2 Information Presentation Facility Compiler
    Version 4.00.007 Oct 02 2000

    --
    Chuck McKinnis

  5. Re: Status of IPFC?

    In , on 08/27/2008
    at 04:16 AM, "Chuck McKinnis" said:

    >What level of IPFC?

    Version 4.00.007 Oct 02 2000

    >I have been using it heavily the past few days,
    >and the error messages are correctly identifying the line numbers.

    The problem seems to be more common when there are lots of blank lines.

    >\OS2TK45\bin\ipfc.exe 227,184 10/04/2001 11:36

    Same here.

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  6. Re: Status of IPFC?

    In , on 08/26/2008
    at 09:57 PM, spamgate@hotmai1.com (ML) said:

    >Then put in your bug report? I'ld say there's "a" fix possible. If IPFC
    >can detect and report the errors in the IPF source files, so can a pre-
    >and/or postprocessor. IPFC.EXE itself doesn't have to be fixed, albeit
    >that's obviously the preferred solution.

    FWIW the problem seems to be related to unmatched apostrophes.

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  7. Re: Status of IPFC?

    > FWIW the problem seems to be related to unmatched apostrophes.

    FWIW/2 that should be detectable by a pre-processor, no matter if it's
    actually a FIX or a QI. If that's actually going to be written, don't
    forget to include .im'ed files in the pre-processing then.

    ---

+ Reply to Thread