rename enhancer - OS2

This is a discussion on rename enhancer - OS2 ; Has anyone run successfully the rename enhancer (reen_088.zip at Hobbes)? It installs without complaint, but the executable ReEn.EXE does not run: Something happens briefly as it tries to load, the icon gets shaded for a second, then it's back to ...

  1. rename enhancer

    Has anyone run successfully the rename enhancer (reen_088.zip at Hobbes)?
    It installs without complaint, but the executable ReEn.EXE does not run:
    Something happens briefly as it tries to load, the icon gets shaded for a
    second, then it's back to its resting state. No popup or error message,
    whether from the WPS or from a command line.

    Pierre
    --
    Pierre Jelenc
    The Gigometer www.web-ho.com/gigs.html

  2. Re: rename enhancer

    On 08/22/08 03:02 pm, Pierre Jelenc wrote:
    > Has anyone run successfully the rename enhancer (reen_088.zip at Hobbes)?
    > It installs without complaint, but the executable ReEn.EXE does not run:
    > Something happens briefly as it tries to load, the icon gets shaded for a
    > second, then it's back to its resting state. No popup or error message,
    > whether from the WPS or from a command line.

    That usually indicates a DLL problem of some sort. Anything in
    ?

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

  3. Re: rename enhancer

    On Aug 22, 4:02 pm, r...@panix.com (Pierre Jelenc) wrote:
    > Has anyone run successfully the rename enhancer (reen_088.zip at Hobbes)?
    > It installs without complaint, but the executable ReEn.EXE does not run:
    > Something happens briefly as it tries to load, the icon gets shaded for a
    > second, then it's back to its resting state. No popup or error message,
    > whether from the WPS or from a command line.
    >
    > Pierre
    > --
    > Pierre Jelenc
    > The Gigometer www.web-ho.com/gigs.html
    > The NYC Beer Guide www.nycbeer.org

    I just downloaded and installed it to eCS 2.0 rc5 and it installs and
    executes without any problems.

    David

  4. Re: rename enhancer

    Jim Moe writes:
    > On 08/22/08 03:02 pm, Pierre Jelenc wrote:
    > > Has anyone run successfully the rename enhancer (reen_088.zip at Hobbes)?
    > > It installs without complaint, but the executable ReEn.EXE does not run:
    > > Something happens briefly as it tries to load, the icon gets shaded for a
    > > second, then it's back to its resting state. No popup or error message,
    > > whether from the WPS or from a command line.
    > >

    > That usually indicates a DLL problem of some sort. Anything in
    > ?

    Yes, but not terribly explicit to me:

    08-22-2008 18:00:40 SYS3175 PID 06a3 TID 0001 Slot 00a0
    E:\UTILITIES\SYSTEM\RENAMEENHANCER\REEN.EXE
    c0000005
    15f37c94
    P1=00000001 P2=34352e38 P3=XXXXXXXX P4=XXXXXXXX
    EAX=34352e3c EBX=0082f6d8 ECX=0082f6b0 EDX=0082f920
    ESI=0082f6d8 EDI=0082f6b0
    DS=0053 DSACC=f0f3 DSLIM=ffffffff
    ES=0053 ESACC=f0f3 ESLIM=ffffffff
    FS=150b FSACC=00f3 FSLIM=00000030
    GS=0053 GSACC=f0f3 GSLIM=ffffffff
    CS:EIP=005b:15f37c94 CSACC=f0df CSLIM=ffffffff
    SS:ESP=0053:0082f688 SSACC=f0f3 SSLIM=ffffffff
    EBP=0082f69c FLG=00012206

    VROBJ.DLL 0002:00017c94

    I have two versions, from 1995 at 900,545 bytes, and from 2005 at 901,857
    bytes, but without any obvious version number. Both give very similar
    dumps.

    Pierre

    --
    Pierre Jelenc
    The Gigometer www.web-ho.com/gigs.html
    The NYC Beer Guide www.nycbeer.org

  5. Re: rename enhancer

    writes:
    > On Aug 22, 4:02 pm, r...@panix.com (Pierre Jelenc) wrote:
    > > Has anyone run successfully the rename enhancer (reen_088.zip at Hobbes)?
    > > It installs without complaint, but the executable ReEn.EXE does not run:
    > > Something happens briefly as it tries to load, the icon gets shaded for a
    > > second, then it's back to its resting state. No popup or error message,
    > > whether from the WPS or from a command line.

    > I just downloaded and installed it to eCS 2.0 rc5 and it installs and
    > executes without any problems.

    What's the date and size of your vrobj.dll? Did you get it specifically
    for this?

    Thanks,

    Pierre
    --