ISA SCSI adapter for OS/2 1.1 - OS2

This is a discussion on ISA SCSI adapter for OS/2 1.1 - OS2 ; Hello, which (if any) ISA SCSI adapter cards are supported by OS/2 1.1? Regards, Andreas Kohl...

  1. ISA SCSI adapter for OS/2 1.1

    Hello,

    which (if any) ISA SCSI adapter cards are supported by OS/2 1.1?

    Regards,
    Andreas Kohl

  2. Re: ISA SCSI adapter for OS/2 1.1

    Hi Andreas,

    > which (if any) ISA SCSI adapter cards are supported by OS/2 1.1?

    Its been many years since I ran any version of OS/2 v1.x however from
    memory you can only do this with SPECIFIC SCSI cards using a SPECIFIC
    set of drivers. These are NOT the usual .ADD files but files specific
    to OS/2 v1.x.

    I vagely remember that there were every few ISA Bus SCSI cards that
    could be used for this, but the hard part was locating the very
    specific drivers.

    Cheers........................pk.

    --
    Peter from Auckland.

  3. Re: ISA SCSI adapter for OS/2 1.1

    Andreas Kohl wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > which (if any) ISA SCSI adapter cards are supported by OS/2 1.1?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andreas Kohl

    Hello Andreas,

    My first version of OS/2 was 1.2, so I am not certain about 1.1 drivers.
    I used a lot of Future Domain and Adaptec ISA SCSI cards in 1.2 and 1.3.
    IBM resold Future Domain adapters as rebranded IBM adapters so that
    should be a good choice. Adaptec is always a good bet too.

    -Philip

+ Reply to Thread