OS/2 is dead! - OS2

This is a discussion on OS/2 is dead! - OS2 ; From time to time I drop by the c.o.o.a newsgroup to see what's up. Looks like I'm not missing very much. At least anything *useful* about OS/2. My newsgroup server has about 1890 messages between May 1, 2008 and August ...

  1. OS/2 is dead!

    From time to time I drop by the c.o.o.a newsgroup to see what's up.
    Looks like I'm not missing very much. At least anything *useful* about
    OS/2.

    My newsgroup server has about 1890 messages between May 1, 2008 and
    August 5, 2008. As far as I can tell, not one of those messages has
    any meaningful information or discussion about OS/2.

    Is there anyone out here who still believes that OS/2 is going to blow
    Windows out of the water??? (Remember Cory Hamasaki and his OS/2-based
    Y2K project? The one that was going to save the world from
    disaster???)

    --
    Eric Chevalier E-mail: etech@tulsagrammer.com
    Web: www.tulsagrammer.com

  2. Re: OS/2 is alive as eComStation

    On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 21:44:54 UTC, Eric Chevalier
    wrote:

    -> From time to time I drop by the c.o.o.a newsgroup to see what's up.
    -> Looks like I'm not missing very much. At least anything *useful* about
    -> OS/2.
    ->
    -> My newsgroup server has about 1890 messages between May 1, 2008 and
    -> August 5, 2008. As far as I can tell, not one of those messages has
    -> any meaningful information or discussion about OS/2.
    ->
    -> Is there anyone out here who still believes that OS/2 is going to blow
    -> Windows out of the water??? (Remember Cory Hamasaki and his OS/2-based
    -> Y2K project? The one that was going to save the world from
    -> disaster???)

    c.o.o.a was taken over my the mindless retard trolls years ago. Even
    the micro$oft trolls gave up. Most of the activity has moved to the
    ecomstation.nl news groups. eCS 2.0 RC5 was just released. Support
    for ACPI, dual core CPUs, current drivers for display and audio. No
    its not close to being dead.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    Warpstock 2008 - Santa Cruz, California: http://www.warpstock.org
    Warpstock Europe 2008 - Düsseldorf, Germany: http://www.warpstock.eu

  3. Re: OS/2 is dead!

    Eric Chevalier wrote:

    >My newsgroup server has about 1890 messages between May 1, 2008 and
    >August 5, 2008. As far as I can tell, not one of those messages has
    >any meaningful information or discussion about OS/2.

    Tholen ... must ... multi-post ...

    --
    The famous .sig file quote that Wee Davie Tholen whines about at every
    opportunity:

    "Substantiation that you regard yourself as a God to be worhsipped [sic]
    should be your concern, Deco."
    -- David Tholen

  4. Re: OS/2 is dead!

    Eric Chevalier wrote:

    > Is there anyone out here who still believes that OS/2 is going to blow
    > Windows out of the water???

    Why should OS/2 blow Windows out of the water where it has sunk under
    its own weight? Leave it there!

    From the American Heritage New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third
    Edition, comes this definition of a computer virus:

    "A program that enters a computer usually without the knowledge of the
    operator. Some viruses are mild and only cause messages to appear on
    the screen, but others are destructive and can wipe out the computer's
    memory or cause more severe damage."

    Twice in recent weeks, a Windows laptop at work has had its memory
    wiped by a program that ran without the knowledge or consent of the
    operator. The culprit: Windows Update. Despite having the program
    configured so that the operator could decide when to install updates,
    Microsoft decided that a "critical security update" was more important
    than the operator's configuration settings, so it went ahead and
    installed the update and then rebooted the computer, completely
    oblivious to the number crunching program that was running on the
    laptop (both times). Memory was wiped in the process, and work was
    destroyed.

    Windows itself is a damned virus.

  5. Re: OS/2 is dead! Man, I'll say it is!

    tholen@i_spam.spam tholened thusly:

    > Twice in recent weeks, a Windows laptop at work has had its memory
    > wiped by a program that ran without the knowledge or consent of the
    > operator. The culprit: Windows Update. Despite having the program
    > configured so that the operator could decide when to install updates,
    > Microsoft decided that a "critical security update" was more important
    > than the operator's configuration settings, so it went ahead and
    > installed the update and then rebooted the computer, completely
    > oblivious to the number crunching program that was running on the
    > laptop (both times). Memory was wiped in the process, and work was
    > destroyed.

    Let's not forget the times my hard disk was ruined by Os/2 running out
    of swap space, Tholen, despite assurances by the fanbois here that it
    wouldn't do that.

    > Windows itself is a damned virus.

    nelohT itself is a damned cancer.

    --
    Note: I don't just criticize Tholen, I cite independent truth! None of
    the websites listed below have anything of mine or have been influenced

    + Analysis of Tholen's demented and deranged mind:
    * http://www.jeffpolston.com/tholen.htm

    + You too can sound like Tholen in a box:
    * http://www.mdpub.com/tholen/tholenizer.html

    + Tholen's Numerous Kook Awards:
    * http://www.caballista.org/auk/kookle.php?search=Tholen

    + Summary of Kookology re: Tholen:
    * http://www.lowgenius.net/kookway.htm

    + Proof that Tholen's an antagonist of the morally bankrupt sort:
    * Search Google for a disparaging use of the word "queer" in:

    Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.advocacy
    From: tholen@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu (Dave Tholen)
    Date: 1998/02/18
    Subject: Re: Jason S. digest, volume 2450862

    [N.B.: Tholen won't include the URLs above when he pretends to respond
    to me because he's too embarrassed by them.]

    + Teh Way of Teh Tholen|nelohT (Many thanks to Art Deco!):

    * lie
    * deny
    * IKYABWAI
    * grammar/typo pounce
    * 'tard lame
    * "you did it too"
    * snip-n-run
    * answer questions with questions
    * strawmen/red herrings

  6. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454698

    Right on cue, "Totally unorganized", "total flake", "totally off the
    wall" Joseph Malloy writes:

    404> Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.advocacy

    404> tholen@i_spam.spam

    Who is "tholen@i_spam.spam", Malloy? There is nobody in this
    newsgroup
    using that alias.

    404> tholened thusly:

    Classic ambiguity.

    404> Let's not forget the times my hard disk was ruined by Os/2
    running out
    404> of swap space, Tholen,

    Running out of swap space??? I've had my current OS/2 system for over
    five years, and the first time it ever swapped was a few weeks ago
    when
    I loaded a 1.6 GB WAV file into memory. That was on top of a web
    browser,
    word processor, mail utility, and a host of other smaller utilities
    like
    an NTP daemon.

    404> despite assurances by the fanbois here that it wouldn't do that.

    Classic pontification.

    404> nelohT itself is a damned cancer.

    What is "nelohT", Malloy?

    404> Note: I don't just criticize Tholen,

    404> I cite independent truth!

    Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim. Remember, when you
    "cite" something, they become your own words, according to your
    earlier claims, Malloy, thus it is impossible for you to cite
    anything "independent".

    404> None of the websites listed below have anything of mine or have
    404> been influenced by me.

    Irrelevant, given that nobody has claimed otherwise, Malloy. But how
    do you know whom you have influenced or not influenced with your
    irrelevant postings to a newsgroup about an operating system that you
    don't use, Malloy? Interesting to see that you believe that you have
    no influence on anyone, Malloy. Talk about futility.

    404> For anyone interested, here are a few websites that begin to
    explain
    404> Tholen's Not-so-Grand Delusion that he knows what he is talking
    about:

    Classic erroneous presupposition of any delusion on my part, Malloy.
    Rather ironic, coming from someone as deluded as yourself, Malloy.

    404> Analysis of Tholen's demented and deranged mind:

    Classic erroneous presupposition.

    404> You too can sound like Tholen in a box:

    Classic erroneous presupposition.

    404> Tholen's Numerous Kook Awards:

    Classic erroneous presupposition.

    404> Summary of Kookology re: Tholen:

    Classic erroneous presupposition.

    404> Proof that Tholen's an antagonist of the morally bankrupt sort:

    Classic erroneous presupposition.

    404> * Search Google for a disparaging use of the word "queer" in:

    What does that have to do with OS/2, Malloy?

    404> [N.B.: Tholen won't include the URLs above when he pretends to
    respond
    404> because he's too embarrassed by them!]

    What do your URLs have to do with OS/2, Malloy?

    404> + Teh Way of Teh Tholen|nelohT (Many thanks to Art Deco!):

    Who is "Tholen|nelohT", Malloy? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    404> * lie
    404> * deny
    404> * IKYABWAI
    404> * grammar/typo pounce
    404> * 'tard lame
    404> * "you did it too"
    404> * snip-n-run
    404> * answer questions with questions
    404> * strawmen/red herrings

    Engaging in projection again, Malloy?

    At least this time you didn't stupidly deny having written "Tholeln"
    in a subject line prior to a particular date, Malloy. Of course,
    you're the one who likes to portray himself as someone who doesn't
    know what he's talking about:

    "me: 'Do you have Os/2?'

    them: 'What's ohh-esstu, dude?'

    me: 'Beats me.'"
    --Joe Malloy

    You also like to portray yourself as an astrologer by altering
    subject lines:

    ] Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 16:11:26 -0500
    ] From: jmalloy
    ] Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.advocacy
    ] Subject: Re: Tholen's waste of electrons digest, volume 2454133

    "Especially since the astrologer doesn't realize that electrons
    are re-used."
    --Joe Malloy, astrologer

    "My true motivation is to expose Tholen as a waster of electrons"
    --Joe Malloy, astrologer (2007 Dec 11)

    Still waiting for a response to:

    Q: Who was ignored for the better part of two years but continued to
    harass the person ignoring him, going to the extent of seeking out
    postings made by that person in other newsgroups for purposes of
    exporting that harassment to those other newsgroups?

    A: Malloy.

    Q: Who is a non-OS/2 user harassing an OS/2 user in an OS/2
    newsgroup?

    A: Malloy.

    Q: Who keeps alleged "terabytes" of alleged "foolishness" for
    reference
    purposes?

    A: "In fact, I've *terabytes* of your foolishness!"
    --Joe Malloy

    Obsession: thy name is Malloy.

    193 postings from Deco, and not a peep from Malloy about them.
    Classic
    inconsistency.

    Also rather hypocritical of you to waste electrons by posting, Malloy.

    I see that you didn't bother to answer several questions, Malloy. No
    surprise there, really.

    "Man sagt: Sie sind ein Misanthrop!"
    --Joe Malloy, plagiarist

    "No wonder he's trying to be a kook like Tholen!"
    --Joe Malloy

    "Meanwhile, we've seen your posts many, many, oh-so-often many
    times
    before, you kook."
    --Joe Malloy

    "It takes a kook to recognize another kook, Tholen."
    --Joe Malloy

    Ergo, Joe Malloy must believe that Joe Malloy is a kook.

    [N.B.: Malloy won't include the above when he pretends to respond
    because he's too embarrassed by them!]

    And another prediction came true.

  7. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454698

    <"tholen@antispam.ham"> <"tholen@antispam.ham"> <"tholen@antispam.ham">
    <"tholen@antispam.ham"> <"tholen@antispam.ham"> wrote:

    >Classic pontification.

    What does that have to do with OS/2, Tholen?

    --
    This space to let.

+ Reply to Thread