Intel Raid chipsets - OS2

This is a discussion on Intel Raid chipsets - OS2 ; I have a question about Intel Raid chipsets. I am trying to install ECS 2.0 RC5 onto a small raid 0 setup and the system does not see the drive. However when set to IDE all is fine. The chipset ...

  1. Intel Raid chipsets

    I have a question about Intel Raid chipsets. I am trying to install
    ECS 2.0 RC5 onto a small raid 0 setup and the system does
    not see the drive. However when set to IDE all is fine.
    The chipset in question is an Intel ICH10R on an ASUS
    P5Q P45 Chipset. I have tried using DANIS506 newest version and that does
    not help any as far as raid goes. Any further suggestions
    would be appreciated.

    Frank

  2. Re: Intel Raid chipsets

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 01:18:30 UTC, "Frank Galphin" wrote:

    > > As you can read in Danis docs, NO soft RAID is supported for any chipset.

    > Hate to say your wrong but look at her chiplist.txt file for version
    > 1.8.5 it clearly mentions supporting ICH7R as shown here: 0x27C3 ICH7R
    > (RAID) & 0x2822 ICH8 (RAID) so I was hoping it would be carried over into
    > future versions.

    It just means the chipset supports RAID (aka it can boot a RAID). The driver
    does not contain any RAID code to take over after BIOS.

    The only RAID that are supported are the Netcell SyncRAID controllers,
    but that is becuse it is a pure hardware RAID dessign, so the driver doesn't
    do anything special here either.

    Only way to get this supported is to convince someone to do the job -
    maybe it can be ported from Linux these days......

    --
    Allan.

    It is better to close your mouth, and look like a fool,
    than to open it, and remove all doubt.

  3. Re: Intel Raid chipsets

    My bad I guess I misread it. Oh well I'll just keep running in IDE mode.
    Thanks for the help & clarification.

    Frank

    "Allan" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 01:18:30 UTC, "Frank Galphin"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> > As you can read in Danis docs, NO soft RAID is supported for any
    >> > chipset.

    >> Hate to say your wrong but look at her chiplist.txt file for version
    >> 1.8.5 it clearly mentions supporting ICH7R as shown here: 0x27C3 ICH7R
    >> (RAID) & 0x2822 ICH8 (RAID) so I was hoping it would be carried over into
    >> future versions.

    > It just means the chipset supports RAID (aka it can boot a RAID). The
    > driver
    > does not contain any RAID code to take over after BIOS.
    >
    > The only RAID that are supported are the Netcell SyncRAID controllers,
    > but that is becuse it is a pure hardware RAID dessign, so the driver
    > doesn't
    > do anything special here either.
    >
    > Only way to get this supported is to convince someone to do the job -
    > maybe it can be ported from Linux these days......
    >
    > --
    > Allan.
    >
    > It is better to close your mouth, and look like a fool,
    > than to open it, and remove all doubt.

+ Reply to Thread