REQ: RollBall update - OS2

This is a discussion on REQ: RollBall update - OS2 ; >>>>> I'm not really too interested in RollBall, but it did build out of >>>>> the box with OpenWatcom. So I slapped a quick and dirty >>>>> DosSleep(30) in there and it's playable now. >> Repeated request: care to publish ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: REQ: RollBall update, and Vice/2

    >> Repeated request: care to publish the repaired source too?

    >> Emulators needing a fix: add Vice/2 to that list. Basicly it always
    >> crashes eCS 1.2 here, with several different hardware setups and with
    >> different drivers. It seems to be Dive()-related.

    > SNAP + DIVE

    > Can anyone using Panorama driver confirm if VICE/2 works?

    I didn't try the last version (@Hobbes) with it, but previous Vice/2-
    versions also crashed on an IBM Thinkpad 600-series laptop with the
    IBM OS/2 video driver installed instead of eCS' 1.2 SNAP. The OS/2-
    video driver has some recognizable bugs, so I'm 100.0% sure it was
    installed when I gave several earlier Vice/2-versions a try. Hence
    I mentioned just Dive(), albeit you'ld be right too. IIRC the very
    same error occured.

    ---

  2. Re: REQ: RollBall update, and Vice/2

    > SNAP + DIVE

    > Can anyone using Panorama driver confirm if VICE/2 works?

    According to an 'official' bug report, the problem occurs with 24 bpp
    color depth but not with 16 bpp. According to the same source, the
    Vice/2 development team nowadays lacks knowledge of the OS/2 video
    system, so it's unlikely to get fixed without assistance.

    ---

  3. Re: REQ: RollBall update, and Vice/2

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 19:16:35 UTC, gamer@gam.esPAM (AI) wrote:

    > > SNAP + DIVE

    > > Can anyone using Panorama driver confirm if VICE/2 works?

    > According to an 'official' bug report, the problem occurs with 24 bpp
    > color depth but not with 16 bpp. According to the same source, the
    > Vice/2 development team nowadays lacks knowledge of the OS/2 video
    > system, so it's unlikely to get fixed without assistance.

    This problem is being addressed on c.o.os2.programmer.porting, and it
    seems to be a DIVE problem. So it should occur on any system
    DIVE-able, Panorama VESA included.

    Seems it's about to be corrected...

    Mentore

+ Reply to Thread