eComStation PC: PCMCIA/Cardbus/Expresscard - OS2

This is a discussion on eComStation PC: PCMCIA/Cardbus/Expresscard - OS2 ; Are you interested in support of PCMCIA/Cardbus/Expresscard controllers? APSoft company is able to update their drivers if users agree to purchase it: http://www.tssc.de/products/cardware/ss_os2/default.htm -> CadWare -> Socket Services for OS/2 Aymeric Peyret is collecting users which are interested to purchase ...

  1. eComStation PC: PCMCIA/Cardbus/Expresscard

    Are you interested in support of PCMCIA/Cardbus/Expresscard
    controllers?

    APSoft company is able to update their drivers if users agree to
    purchase it:
    http://www.tssc.de/products/cardware/ss_os2/default.htm
    -> CadWare -> Socket Services for OS/2

    Aymeric Peyret is collecting users which are interested to
    purchase the drivers.

    Please post your contacts information to:
    http://ecomstation.ru/support.php
    * Your name, email
    * What to fix? Which problems do you see? Your adapter, problems,
    temporary solutions
    * Are you going purchase the driver, purchase upgrade?

    Main problems, example:
    * APSoft drivers don't work with ACPI
    (it's necessary patch? OEMHLP driver, pass the code to the developers
    of ACPI)
    * Expresscard are not supported
    * It's difficult to select switches
    * no .wpi package

    Other problems:
    * Is it possible reduce price for eCS users? 70 EURO down to.. 35
    EURO?

    * Driver description -- http://www.tssc.de/download/docs/sspcic%20for%20os2.pdf
    * List of adapters supported by APSoft -- http://os2warp.be/index2.php?name=pcmciaentry
    * Reports from users regarding PCMCIA -- href='http://ecomstation.ru/
    hardware.php?action=category&section=cards

  2. Re: eComStation PC: PCMCIA/Cardbus/Expresscard

    eugenegorbunoff@mail.ru wrote:
    > Are you interested in support of PCMCIA/Cardbus/Expresscard
    > controllers?
    >
    > APSoft company is able to update their drivers if users agree to
    > purchase it:
    > http://www.tssc.de/products/cardware/ss_os2/default.htm
    > -> CadWare -> Socket Services for OS/2
    >
    > Aymeric Peyret is collecting users which are interested to
    > purchase the drivers.
    >
    > Please post your contacts information to:
    > http://ecomstation.ru/support.php
    > * Your name, email
    > * What to fix? Which problems do you see? Your adapter, problems,
    > temporary solutions
    > * Are you going purchase the driver, purchase upgrade?
    >
    > Main problems, example:
    > * APSoft drivers don't work with ACPI
    > (it's necessary patch? OEMHLP driver, pass the code to the developers
    > of ACPI)
    > * Expresscard are not supported
    > * It's difficult to select switches
    > * no .wpi package
    >
    > Other problems:
    > * Is it possible reduce price for eCS users? 70 EURO down to.. 35
    > EURO?
    >
    > * Driver description -- http://www.tssc.de/download/docs/sspcic%20for%20os2.pdf
    > * List of adapters supported by APSoft -- http://os2warp.be/index2.php?name=pcmciaentry
    > * Reports from users regarding PCMCIA -- href='http://ecomstation.ru/
    > hardware.php?action=category&section=cards

    Here is an answer to a few of the questions that have arisen lately:

    Q: full list of supported chips:

    A:
    http://www.tssc.de/download/docs/Lis...er%20Chips.pdf

    (Note that the list is dated August 2007, so hopefully they will add
    some more this August. Consequently, if we reach the 30 orders, we
    should wait until the the start of September and a possible new list to
    send the order)

    Q: Is it possible to produce a driver that is ACPI/APIC compliant ?

    A: No. Nobody will pay for such development. 30 licenses is our cost for
    re-release, QA and archive new driver only. Adding of features will
    create more costs.

    Q: Any possibility of an agreement between SSI and TSSC/APSoft to
    decrease the price of the driver for eComStation users ?

    A: We cannot reduce price on our side. Very few people are paying for
    license. It's not worst for us to maintain such driver.
    It will be more logical if Serenity buy OEM license, however they never
    asked us for it.

    Q: Any tips to the OS/2 community as to how to get USB through PCMCIA
    supported?

    It's not possible because there is no standard for such devices (like it
    is for PCMCIA). Therefore it's not possible to write driver that
    supports multiple devices. We have the same problem under Windows.

    I hope this answers your questions too.

    AyPP

+ Reply to Thread