FM/2 3.12 Released - OS2

This is a discussion on FM/2 3.12 Released - OS2 ; I have just uploaded FM/2 3.11 to ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/fm2 (moving to ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/fm2 ) and to hobbes http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-bro...ming&sort=date moving to http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-bro...2/util/browser FM/2 3.11 adds the option of having delete move the objects to the Xworkplace trashcan. Undelete will open the trashcan so ...

  1. FM/2 3.12 Released

    I have just uploaded FM/2 3.11 to ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/fm2
    (moving to
    ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/fm2) and to hobbes
    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-bro...ming&sort=date
    moving to
    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-bro...2/util/browser

    FM/2 3.11 adds the option of having delete move the objects to the
    Xworkplace
    trashcan. Undelete will open the trashcan so you can restore deleted
    files. The only
    short coming is you will need to rescan in order to see the restored
    file. We also added
    a reserved state which allows you to return FM/2 to the state it was in
    on start up (the
    shut down state). We have improved the filtering of file names that
    contain multiple
    periods and fixed FM/2's failure to always follow the details settings
    from the setup
    notebook. The primary task achieved for this release was the addition of
    fortify support
    which allowed us to fix a handful of memory usage related bugs. We fixed
    a few other
    minor issues see the history for more details.

    Gregg

  2. Re: FM/2 3.12 Released

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:39:24 UTC, Gregg Young
    wrote:

    > I have just uploaded FM/2 3.11 to ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/fm2

    Hi Gregg!

    This file manager is imho a great piece of work. Just a question: is
    it possible to have some NLS for it? I might write the Italian
    version.

    Mentore

  3. Re: FM/2 3.12 Released

    On Jul 22, 2:25 pm, "Mentore Siesto" wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:39:24 UTC, Gregg Young
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I have just uploaded FM/2 3.11 toftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/fm2

    > Hi Gregg!
    >
    > This file manager is imho a great piece of work. Just a question: is
    > it possible to have some NLS for it? I might write the Italian
    > version.
    >
    > Mentore

    Hi Mentore

    I believe there is still work that must be done before NLS can be
    done. I believe this work is planned for a future release, possibly
    version 4.0. Be sure and check the notebook settings in version
    3.12. There are a lot of new features that have been added during the
    last 3 releases. Gregg is presently out of town for around a week and
    probably won't be able to respond until he gets back.

    David

    David

  4. Re: FM/2 3.12 Released

    Mentore Siesto wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:39:24 UTC, Gregg Young
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have just uploaded FM/2 3.11 to ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/fm2

    > Hi Gregg!
    >
    > This file manager is imho a great piece of work. Just a question: is
    > it possible to have some NLS for it? I might write the Italian
    > version.

    Mentore

    We are planning a NLS version. We are slowly getting the hard coded
    strings out of the code and have plans to redesign the current string
    file to make it easier for translators. We have a lot of work to do so
    dialogs will automatically resize for text of different lengths. Right
    now any translation where the text was even somewhat longer then the
    English would get cut short. I will let you know when we are closer to
    the NLS version. Thanks

    Gregg

  5. Re: FM/2 3.12 Released

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:18:27 UTC, Gregg Young
    wrote:

    > Mentore Siesto wrote:
    > > On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:39:24 UTC, Gregg Young
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have just uploaded FM/2 3.11 to ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/fm2

    > > Hi Gregg!
    > >
    > > This file manager is imho a great piece of work. Just a question: is
    > > it possible to have some NLS for it? I might write the Italian
    > > version.

    > Mentore
    >
    > We are planning a NLS version. We are slowly getting the hard coded
    > strings out of the code and have plans to redesign the current string
    > file to make it easier for translators. We have a lot of work to do so
    > dialogs will automatically resize for text of different lengths. Right
    > now any translation where the text was even somewhat longer then the
    > English would get cut short. I will let you know when we are closer to
    > the NLS version. Thanks
    >
    > Gregg

    Hi Gregg,

    I'll wait patiently. I don'think I will move from OS/2 before... Say,
    50/60 years if it's possibile :-)

    Mentore

+ Reply to Thread