APSoft / New PCMCIA driver support. Please answer if interested inrenewed support ! - OS2

This is a discussion on APSoft / New PCMCIA driver support. Please answer if interested inrenewed support ! - OS2 ; Dear all, APSoft ( www.tssc.de ) have not updated their driver for the last 4 years, so many new PCMCIA/Cardbus/Expresscard chips are now unsupported or only partially supported. I have emailed them and they answered over the week-end. If you ...

  1. APSoft / New PCMCIA driver support. Please answer if interested inrenewed support !

    Dear all,

    APSoft (www.tssc.de) have not updated their driver for the last 4 years,
    so many new PCMCIA/Cardbus/Expresscard chips are now unsupported or only
    partially supported.

    I have emailed them and they answered over the week-end. If you have,
    like me, version 7 released in 2004 (or earlier) here is their answer:

    "You likely have latest official release. We can, of course, re-release
    product, if there is enough people interested in such release.
    Please talk to OS/2 community. We will re-release if we have at least 30
    licenses order."

    I think that the price would be similar (~70 Euros).

    Please answer to this thread if you are interested, so we can forward a
    list of contacts to APSoft. I have posted the same announcement on
    ecomstation.support.hardware, so please answer only once (either here or
    there) to ease the counting.

    Thank you all in advance for your answer. I hope we will get above the
    30 positive answers

    AyPP

  2. Re: APSoft / New PCMCIA driver support. Please answer if interestedin renewed support !

    Aymeric Peyret wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > APSoft (www.tssc.de) have not updated their driver for the last 4 years,
    > so many new PCMCIA/Cardbus/Expresscard chips are now unsupported or only
    > partially supported.
    >
    > I have emailed them and they answered over the week-end. If you have,
    > like me, version 7 released in 2004 (or earlier) here is their answer:
    >
    > "You likely have latest official release. We can, of course, re-release
    > product, if there is enough people interested in such release.
    > Please talk to OS/2 community. We will re-release if we have at least 30
    > licenses order."
    >
    > I think that the price would be similar (~70 Euros).
    >
    > Please answer to this thread if you are interested, so we can forward a
    > list of contacts to APSoft. I have posted the same announcement on
    > ecomstation.support.hardware, so please answer only once (either here or
    > there) to ease the counting.
    >
    > Thank you all in advance for your answer. I hope we will get above the
    > 30 positive answers
    >
    > AyPP

    Here is an answer to a few of the questions that have arisen lately:

    Q: full list of supported chips:

    A:
    http://www.tssc.de/download/docs/Lis...er%20Chips.pdf

    (Note that the list is dated August 2007, so hopefully they will add
    some more this August. Consequently, if we reach the 30 orders, we
    should wait until the the start of September and a possible new list to
    send the order)

    Q: Is it possible to produce a driver that is ACPI/APIC compliant ?

    A: No. Nobody will pay for such development. 30 licenses is our cost for
    re-release, QA and archive new driver only. Adding of features will
    create more costs.

    Q: Any possibility of an agreement between SSI and TSSC/APSoft to
    decrease the price of the driver for eComStation users ?

    A: We cannot reduce price on our side. Very few people are paying for
    license. It's not worst for us to maintain such driver.
    It will be more logical if Serenity buy OEM license, however they never
    asked us for it.

    Q: Any tips to the OS/2 community as to how to get USB through PCMCIA
    supported?

    It's not possible because there is no standard for such devices (like it
    is for PCMCIA). Therefore it's not possible to write driver that
    supports multiple devices. We have the same problem under Windows.

    I hope this answers your questions too.

    AyPP

+ Reply to Thread