Formatting CD-RW - OS2

This is a discussion on Formatting CD-RW - OS2 ; I mostly have failures when formatting CR-RW discs in my Sony drive. I noticed that the failure is associated with the IDE controller failing to release the drive; the case LED stays on when the drive LED is off. Your ...

  1. Formatting CD-RW

    I mostly have failures when formatting CR-RW discs in my Sony drive.

    I noticed that the failure is associated with the IDE controller failing to
    release the drive; the case LED stays on when the drive LED is off.

    Your suggestions are welcome.

  2. Re: Formatting CD-RW

    On 07/19/08 07:51 pm, johnsuth@nospam.com.au wrote:
    > I mostly have failures when formatting CR-RW discs in my Sony drive.
    >
    > I noticed that the failure is associated with the IDE controller failing to
    > release the drive; the case LED stays on when the drive LED is off.
    >
    > Your suggestions are welcome.

    What are you using to format them? Perhaps try a different program?
    Various ports of cdrecord or dvdao
    Dave

  3. Re: Formatting CD-RW

    John,

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 02:51:55 GMT, johnsuth@nospam.com.au wrote:

    >I mostly have failures when formatting CR-RW discs in my Sony drive.
    >
    >I noticed that the failure is associated with the IDE controller failing to
    >release the drive; the case LED stays on when the drive LED is off.
    >
    >Your suggestions are welcome.

    Are you using the DANIS506 and DANIATAP drivers? If not you should try
    them... at http://hobbes.nmsu.edu

    If you are using them, there are a lot of switches you can use to control
    the adapter (see the docs). You may want to try /!BIOS first... also turn on
    and off bus mastering on the CD player (with the /BM switch) to see if there
    is any difference.

    Dave McKenna

+ Reply to Thread