Media Player Connectivity: where to get? - OS2

This is a discussion on Media Player Connectivity: where to get? - OS2 ; On 07/14/08 11:00 pm, Arie Kazachin wrote: > Hello, > > I recently attempted to replace the OLD flash 5 plugin (of Mozilla > Firebird) by GNASH and since it's standalone app as opposed to DLL, > it requires MPC ...

  1. Re: Media Player Connectivity: where to get?

    On 07/14/08 11:00 pm, Arie Kazachin wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I recently attempted to replace the OLD flash 5 plugin (of Mozilla
    > Firebird) by GNASH and since it's standalone app as opposed to DLL,
    > it requires MPC as a "wrapper" (if I understand correctly).
    > I googled extensively for "MPC" in various forms, fould lots of
    > references to it but not a one location of it.
    >
    > Where/how can I get the MPC?

    http://membres.lycos.fr/sethnakht/
    Dave

  2. Media Player Connectivity: where to get?

    Hello,

    I recently attempted to replace the OLD flash 5 plugin (of Mozilla
    Firebird) by GNASH and since it's standalone app as opposed to DLL,
    it requires MPC as a "wrapper" (if I understand correctly).
    I googled extensively for "MPC" in various forms, fould lots of
    references to it but not a one location of it.

    Where/how can I get the MPC?

    TIA,
    ************************************************** ****************************
    * Arie Kazachin, Israel, e-mail: ariek@attglobal3.14159265358979323846.net *
    ************************************************** ****************************
    NOTE: before replying, leave only letters in my domain-name. Sorry, SPAM trap.

  3. Re: Media Player Connectivity: where to get?

    In message - Dave Yeo
    writes:

    >On 07/14/08 11:00 pm, Arie Kazachin wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I recently attempted to replace the OLD flash 5 plugin (of Mozilla
    >> Firebird) by GNASH and since it's standalone app as opposed to DLL,
    >> it requires MPC as a "wrapper" (if I understand correctly).
    >> I googled extensively for "MPC" in various forms, fould lots of
    >> references to it but not a one location of it.
    >>
    >> Where/how can I get the MPC?
    >>

    >https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/446
    >http://membres.lycos.fr/sethnakht/
    >Dave

    Thanks for the URLs Dave.

    I attempted to download and install from

    and after the downloading the install failed with "install script
    not found" error message. Now I have to find why the *.xpi package
    installation doesn't works or, alternatively, does anyone knows where the
    MPC can be found as a standard ZIP package?

    TIA,
    ************************************************** ****************************
    * Arie Kazachin, Israel, e-mail: ariek@attglobal3.14159265358979323846.net *
    ************************************************** ****************************
    NOTE: before replying, leave only letters in my domain-name. Sorry, SPAM trap.

  4. Re: Media Player Connectivity: where to get?

    On 07/16/08 11:16 pm, Arie Kazachin wrote:
    > In message - Dave Yeo
    > writes:
    >> On 07/14/08 11:00 pm, Arie Kazachin wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I recently attempted to replace the OLD flash 5 plugin (of Mozilla
    >>> Firebird) by GNASH and since it's standalone app as opposed to DLL,
    >>> it requires MPC as a "wrapper" (if I understand correctly).
    >>> I googled extensively for "MPC" in various forms, fould lots of
    >>> references to it but not a one location of it.
    >>>
    >>> Where/how can I get the MPC?
    >>>

    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/446
    >> http://membres.lycos.fr/sethnakht/
    >> Dave

    > Thanks for the URLs Dave.
    >
    > I attempted to download and install from

    > and after the downloading the install failed with "install script
    > not found" error message. Now I have to find why the *.xpi package
    > installation doesn't works or, alternatively, does anyone knows where the
    > MPC can be found as a standard ZIP package?

    That's weird, after posting I installed it in my Firefox (3.01pre) with
    no problems. (It had been disabled some time back as my Firefox was to
    new). Have you updated to Firefox 3 yet? If not you should.
    Anyways the *.xpi package is a standard zip so just unzip it, renaming
    if needed.
    Dave

  5. Re: Media Player Connectivity: where to get?

    On 07/16/08 09:25 pm, Dave Yeo wrote:

    >>> http://membres.lycos.fr/sethnakht/

    >> and after the downloading the install failed with "install script
    >> not found" error message.

    > That's weird, after posting I installed it in my Firefox (3.01pre) with
    > no problems.

    I suspect Arie is trying to install it in Seamonkey; the latest version
    of MPC does not have the install script for it. I emailed the author
    asking if it was just an oversight, but he has not responded. The
    release notes have not been updated beyond 0.8.3, and version 0.9.1
    still calls itself that (I updated by replacing the jar file).

    In any case, Arie can try downloading and installing this one:
    http://membres.lycos.fr/sethnakht/me...vity.0.8.3.xpi

  6. Re: Media Player Connectivity: where to get?

    In message - Dave Yeo writes:

    >On 07/16/08 11:16 pm, Arie Kazachin wrote:
    >> In message - Dave Yeo
    >> writes:

    >>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/446
    >>> http://membres.lycos.fr/sethnakht/
    >>> Dave

    >> Thanks for the URLs Dave.
    >>
    >> I attempted to download and install from
    >>
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/446
    >>
    >> and after the downloading the install failed with "install script
    >> not found" error message. Now I have to find why the *.xpi package
    >> installation doesn't works or, alternatively, does anyone knows where the
    >> MPC can be found as a standard ZIP package?
    >>

    >That's weird, after posting I installed it in my Firefox (3.01pre) with
    >no problems. (It had been disabled some time back as my Firefox was to
    >new). Have you updated to Firefox 3 yet? If not you should.
    >Anyways the *.xpi package is a standard zip so just unzip it, renaming
    >if needed.
    >Dave

    Thanks Dave and Steve for the info. After reading it, I noticed that
    I had VERY old version (0.6.1) of the Firebird and the Seamonkey was also
    of the pre-1.0 version so now I'm downloading the Firefox 3.0.1 and later
    will download the Seamonkey 1.1.11 and will see that the result will be
    (Saturday evening, now I have other things to do).

    BTW, I unzipped the *.xpi files and saw the directory "chrome"
    with a "mediaplayerconnectivity.jar" and "openlocationOSX.pl" files
    and also "chrome.manifest" and "install.rdf" files outside the "chrome"
    hierarchy. I thought that if I'll just place the "mediaplayerconnectivity.jar"
    file in the "chrome" directory of "Firebird" or "Seamonkey" it'll do
    the trick but nothing changed: the "about plugins" showed the same default
    plugin (DLL) and the list of "extensions" or "helper applications" didn't
    show anything new. I guess I'll have to wait until I'll install the
    updated versions of "Firefox" and "Seamonkey" and see what changes.

    Thanks,
    ************************************************** ****************************
    * Arie Kazachin, Israel, e-mail: ariek@attglobal3.14159265358979323846.net *
    ************************************************** ****************************
    NOTE: before replying, leave only letters in my domain-name. Sorry, SPAM trap.

  7. Re: Media Player Connectivity: where to get?

    On 07/18/08 10:20 am, Arie Kazachin wrote:

    > I thought that if I'll just place the "mediaplayerconnectivity.jar"
    > file in the "chrome" directory of "Firebird" or "Seamonkey" it'll do
    > the trick

    No, it has to register the chrome.

    > the "about plugins" showed the same default plugin (DLL)

    Extensions don't show up in the list of plugins or helper apps.

+ Reply to Thread