JAVA for OS/2 4.52 - OS2

This is a discussion on JAVA for OS/2 4.52 - OS2 ; I was having some problems with websites. I quickly got the idea that the problem is JAVA so I checked out www.java.com There is no update for OS2/ECS. from what they reported was my 1.4.2 Update 5 My question: What ...

  1. JAVA for OS/2 4.52

    I was having some problems with websites. I quickly got the idea that
    the problem is JAVA so I checked out www.java.com There is no
    update for OS2/ECS. from what they reported was my 1.4.2 Update 5

    My question: What is the latest JAVA for OS/2 (4.52) and where is it
    to be found? I use the latest SeaMonkey 1.10 browser

    Paul
    --

  2. Re: JAVA for OS/2 4.52

    PaulRS wrote:

    > My question: What is the latest JAVA for OS/2 (4.52) and where is it
    > to be found? I use the latest SeaMonkey 1.10 browser

    You seem to have the latest. Further version of Java were never released
    for os/2.
    There are rumors that JAVA 7 could be ported to os/2, since the code
    will be open-source

    cheers
    Piersante

  3. Re: JAVA for OS/2 4.52

    Hi Paul

    PaulRS wrote:
    > I was having some problems with websites. I quickly got the idea that
    > the problem is JAVA so I checked out www.java.com There is no
    > update for OS2/ECS. from what they reported was my 1.4.2 Update 5
    >
    > My question: What is the latest JAVA for OS/2 (4.52) and where is it
    > to be found? I use the latest SeaMonkey 1.10 browser
    >
    > Paul

    http://download.innotek.de/javaos2/142_09/install.exe - Runtime

    or

    http://download.innotek.de/javaos2/1...nstall_sdk.exe - SDK inc Runtime

    Regards

    Pete

  4. Re: JAVA for OS/2 4.52

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:03:43 UTC, piesse wrote:

    > PaulRS wrote:
    > >
    > > My question: What is the latest JAVA for OS/2 (4.52) and where is it
    > > to be found? I use the latest SeaMonkey 1.10 browser

    > You seem to have the latest. Further version of Java were never released
    > for os/2.

    Innotek got a 1.4.2_09 official release, included the browser plugin.
    If you can live without it, there's some discussion on os2warp.com
    IIRC about installing 1.5 for Windoze.

    > There are rumors that JAVA 7 could be ported to os/2, since the code
    > will be open-source

    Seems something is moving...

    Mentore

+ Reply to Thread