Map directory to drive letter? - OS2

This is a discussion on Map directory to drive letter? - OS2 ; Paul Ratcliffe wrote: > On 8 Jul 2008 06:30:16 GMT, Bob Eager wrote: > >> On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 23:34:52 UTC, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz >> wrote: >> >>> I want to run GalCiv from my hard drive, and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: Map directory to drive letter?

    Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
    > On 8 Jul 2008 06:30:16 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 23:34:52 UTC, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I want to run GalCiv from my hard drive, and it requires that certain
    >>> files be in the root directory. I don't want to carve out a separate
    >>> partition or logical drive for it, and would prefer mounting a directory
    >>> on an unused drive letter. Is TVFS still the preferred way for doing that,
    >>> and, if so, is the version on Hobbes the most recent one?

    >> Or use:
    >>
    >> net share galciv=c:\galcivdir
    >> net use g: \\hostname\galciv

    > Or use SUBSTP.

    Toronto Virtual File System (aka TVFS, free from IBM, at Hobbes) works
    wonderfully too.

    --
    Cheers,
    Martin

    UNDERSCOREmmiATcentrumDOTcz to email me

  2. Re: Map directory to drive letter?

    MMI wrote:
    > Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
    >> On 8 Jul 2008 06:30:16 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

    >>> Or use:
    >>>
    >>> net share galciv=c:\galcivdir
    >>> net use g: \\hostname\galciv

    >> Or use SUBSTP.

    > Toronto Virtual File System (aka TVFS, free from IBM, at Hobbes) works
    > wonderfully too.

    _____
    I installed the TVFS via WarpIn. Config.sys was updated. Rebooted,
    system comes up fine. I see TVCTL.EXE in the job list. I found the
    TVFS.INF docs in c:\os2\book. Why do i get a "topic not found" when
    saying "help tvfs" in an OS/2 CMD session? When double clicking on the
    tvfs.inf object, i get the docs.
    --
    Regards / JCH

  3. Re: Map directory to drive letter?

    _____
    I installed the TVFS via WarpIn. Config.sys was updated. Rebooted,
    system comes up fine. I see TVCTL.EXE in the job list. I found the
    TVFS.INF docs in c:\os2\book. Why do i get a "topic not found" when
    saying "help tvfs" in an OS/2 CMD session? When double clicking on the
    tvfs.inf object, i get the docs.
    --
    Regards / JCH

  4. Re: Map directory to drive letter?

    jch wrote:

    >>> Or use SUBSTP.

    >> Toronto Virtual File System (aka TVFS, free from IBM, at Hobbes)
    >> works wonderfully too.

    > _____
    > I installed the TVFS via WarpIn. Config.sys was updated. Rebooted,
    > system comes up fine. I see TVCTL.EXE in the job list. I found the
    > TVFS.INF docs in c:\os2\book. Why do i get a "topic not found" when
    > saying "help tvfs" in an OS/2 CMD session? When double clicking on the
    > tvfs.inf object, i get the docs.

    _____
    Found the answer. Need to use VIEW TVFS, not HELP TVFS.
    --
    Regards / JCH

  5. Re: Map directory to drive letter?