Anything for audio like Snap Graphics is for video? - OS2

This is a discussion on Anything for audio like Snap Graphics is for video? - OS2 ; I'm thinking about moving my OS/2 drive into another computer I have. I'll be moving it from a Pentium 233MMX computer with a Soundblaster Awe32 soundcard to a Pentium 4 with onboard audio, Realtek AC'97 Audio. I really do want ...

  1. Anything for audio like Snap Graphics is for video?

    I'm thinking about moving my OS/2 drive into another computer I have.
    I'll be moving it from a Pentium 233MMX computer with a Soundblaster
    Awe32 soundcard to a Pentium 4 with onboard audio, Realtek AC'97
    Audio.
    I really do want sound, so if there aren't drivers for it, I'll keep
    it in the Pentium where it is. The Awe32 is an ISA card, or I would
    move it to the P4 machine too. Needless to say there are no ISA slots
    in that motherboard.
    Then I got wondering if there is anything for audio like Snap graphics
    is for video. Is there? That would sure make it easy!!! I also changed
    out the D-LINK NIC I had for the 3Com card I bought and everthing went
    smooth, I went into MTPS, deleted the protocols, then the D-LINK NIC,
    installed the 3COM NIC and added the protocols and can still connect
    to the Internet, and got through it with no new errors showing on
    bootup.
    Although I still have an error in config.sys that I had even with the
    old NIC, it says:
    socket: Network is down.
    Press enter to continue.
    Does anyone know what that means and how to fix it?
    Thanks again guys, and gals, for any help you might offer!
    Snyde

  2. Re: Anything for audio like Snap Graphics is for video?

    On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 01:33:29 UTC, Snydley wrote:

    -> I'm thinking about moving my OS/2 drive into another computer I have.
    -> I'll be moving it from a Pentium 233MMX computer with a Soundblaster
    -> Awe32 soundcard to a Pentium 4 with onboard audio, Realtek AC'97
    -> Audio.
    -> I really do want sound, so if there aren't drivers for it, I'll keep
    -> it in the Pentium where it is. The Awe32 is an ISA card, or I would
    -> move it to the P4 machine too. Needless to say there are no ISA slots
    -> in that motherboard.
    -> Then I got wondering if there is anything for audio like Snap graphics
    -> is for video. Is there? That would sure make it easy!!!

    Try the UniAud driver - ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/uniaud/ There are
    newer versions being worked on that are for more current sound
    chipsets, but the last version on the ftp site (uniaud114RC6.zip),
    should work with the Realtek AC'97. I had a Medion P4 laptop that had
    a Realtek ALC201 chipset which worked fine with UniAud. There was
    also a Realtek OS/2 driver but it didn't work with newer Realtek
    drivers that the UniAud driver does work with. It did work somewhat
    with my ALC201, but it tended to have resource conflicts.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    Warpstock 2008 - Santa Cruz, California: http://www.warpstock.org
    Warpstock Europe 2008 - Düsseldorf, Germany: http://www.warpstock.eu

  3. Re: Anything for audio like Snap Graphics is for video?

    On Jul 3, 9:33 pm, "Mark Dodel" wrote:
    > On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 01:33:29 UTC, Snydley wrote:
    >
    > -> I'm thinking about moving my OS/2 drive into another computer I have.
    > -> I'll be moving it from a Pentium 233MMX computer with a Soundblaster
    > -> Awe32 soundcard to a Pentium 4 with onboard audio, Realtek AC'97
    > -> Audio.
    > -> I really do want sound, so if there aren't drivers for it, I'll keep
    > -> it in the Pentium where it is. The Awe32 is an ISA card, or I would
    > -> move it to the P4 machine too. Needless to say there are no ISA slots
    > -> in that motherboard.
    > -> Then I got wondering if there is anything for audio like Snap graphics
    > -> is for video. Is there? That would sure make it easy!!!
    >
    > Try the UniAud driver -ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/uniaud/ There are
    > newer versions being worked on that are for more current sound
    > chipsets, but the last version on the ftp site (uniaud114RC6.zip),
    > should work with the Realtek AC'97. I had a Medion P4 laptop that had
    > a Realtek ALC201 chipset which worked fine with UniAud. There was
    > also a Realtek OS/2 driver but it didn't work with newer Realtek
    > drivers that the UniAud driver does work with. It did work somewhat
    > with my ALC201, but it tended to have resource conflicts.
    >
    > Mark
    >
    > --
    > From the eComStation of Mark Dodel
    >
    > Warpstock 2008 - Santa Cruz, California:http://www.warpstock.org
    > Warpstock Europe 2008 - Düsseldorf, Germany:http://www.warpstock.eu

    Yep, the Realtec AC 97 is supported by the UniAud driver. I have it
    in my notebook and sound works fine.

    David

+ Reply to Thread