Mouse "wheel" support - OS2

This is a discussion on Mouse "wheel" support - OS2 ; Is there a driver that supports the scroll-wheel on a mouse, whatever it's called? ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **...

  1. Mouse "wheel" support

    Is there a driver that supports the scroll-wheel on a mouse, whatever
    it's called?

  2. Re: Mouse "wheel" support

    On 07/03/08 07:29 am Peter_Flass wrote:

    > Is there a driver that supports the scroll-wheel on a mouse, whatever
    > it's called?

    AMouse:
    http://www.nbsoftware.de/amouse280.exe

    Perce

  3. Re: Mouse "wheel" support

    "Percival P. Cassidy" writes:
    >On 07/03/08 07:29 am Peter_Flass wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a driver that supports the scroll-wheel on a mouse, whatever
    >> it's called?

    >AMouse:
    >http://www.nbsoftware.de/amouse280.exe
    >
    >Perce

    The mouse.sys in eComstation seems to work.

    Steve N.

  4. Re: Mouse "wheel" support

    Bogus@Embarq.com schrieb:
    > "Percival P. Cassidy" writes:
    >> On 07/03/08 07:29 am Peter_Flass wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a driver that supports the scroll-wheel on a mouse, whatever
    >>> it's called?

    >> AMouse:
    >> http://www.nbsoftware.de/amouse280.exe
    >>
    >> Perce

    > The mouse.sys in eComstation seems to work.
    >
    > Steve N.

    Yes on of the later IBM drivers like

    Signature: @#IBM:10.163#@ OS/2 Mouse Device Driver
    Vendor: IBM
    Revision: 10.163
    File Version: 10.163

    work well here.

    Andi

  5. Re: Mouse "wheel" support

    Andi B. wrote:
    > Bogus@Embarq.com schrieb:

    >>> AMouse:
    >>> http://www.nbsoftware.de/amouse280.exe
    >>>
    >>> Perce

    >> The mouse.sys in eComstation seems to work.
    >>
    >> Steve N.

    > Yes on of the later IBM drivers like
    >
    > Signature: @#IBM:10.163#@ OS/2 Mouse Device Driver
    > Vendor: IBM
    > Revision: 10.163
    > File Version: 10.163
    >
    > work well here.
    >
    > Andi

    Thanks all for the help. The problem with the IBM drivers is that
    they're no longer available from IBM!

  6. Re: Mouse "wheel" support

    Hello all.

    On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 15:51:08 UTC, "Andi B." wrote:

    > >> AMouse:
    > >> http://www.nbsoftware.de/amouse280.exe
    > >>
    > >> Perce

    This one had some serious issues on my system; had to go back to the
    original IBM Mouse.sys, which doesn't know about the wheel.

    > > The mouse.sys in eComstation seems to work.
    > >
    > > Steve N.

    > Yes on of the later IBM drivers like
    >
    > Signature: @#IBM:10.163#@ OS/2 Mouse Device Driver
    > Vendor: IBM
    > Revision: 10.163
    > File Version: 10.163
    >
    > work well here.

    Where would this be available from? IBM seems to be a dead issue as
    far as anything OS/2 related.

    Thanks in advance!

    --
    * Best regards from Marc.
    * FIDONET=1:396/45 INTELEC=239:600/70

  7. Re: Mouse "wheel" support

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 01:30:29 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.misc, "Marc"
    wrote:

    > This one had some serious issues on my system; had to go back to the
    > original IBM Mouse.sys, which doesn't know about the wheel.

    What sort of serious issues? And is your system a multiprocessor one?

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com

  8. Re: Mouse "wheel" support

    Marc wrote:

    > This one had some serious issues on my system; had to go back to the
    > original IBM Mouse.sys, which doesn't know about the wheel.

    So far it seems to be working for me, though I haven't used it
    extensively since I installed. Thanks!

    >>>The mouse.sys in eComstation seems to work.
    >>>
    >>>Steve N.

    >>Yes on of the later IBM drivers like
    >>
    >>Signature: @#IBM:10.163#@ OS/2 Mouse Device Driver
    >>Vendor: IBM
    >>Revision: 10.163
    >>File Version: 10.163
    >>
    >>work well here.

    > Where would this be available from? IBM seems to be a dead issue as
    > far as anything OS/2 related.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

  9. Re: Mouse "wheel" support

    Hello all!

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:10:11 UTC, "Trevor Hemsley"
    wrote:

    > > This one had some serious issues on my system; had to go back to the
    > > original IBM Mouse.sys, which doesn't know about the wheel.

    > What sort of serious issues? And is your system a multiprocessor one?

    As I recall, Trevor, there were problems with the cursor moving
    wildly around the screen or locking up. It has been a year or so
    back when I tried this, so my memory of the exact problems may be a
    bit "off". The processor is a standard Intel Celeron, not a Core2
    version. (Do multi-processor type systems have problems related to
    this?)

    * Best regards from Marc.
    * FIDONET=1:396/45 INTELEC=239:600/70
    A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

    ---

  10. Re: Mouse "wheel" support

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 19:08:08 UTC, "Trevor Hemsley"
    wrote:

    > On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 17:02:31 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.misc,
    > "Marc" wrote:

    > > there were problems with the cursor moving wildly around
    > > the screen or locking up. It has been a year or so back
    > > when I tried this, so my memory of the exact problems may
    > > be a bit "off". The processor is a standard Intel Celeron,
    > > not a Core2 version. (Do multi-processor type systems have
    > > problems related to this?)

    > Not something I've seen with amouse - in fact amouse has been
    > the cure for such behaviour for me :-)

    > The reason I asked is because amouse needs to be passed the
    > parameter 'SMP' if it is to run on a multi-processor machine
    > - the symptom without it is complete lockups I think. But on
    > a celeron this would not be an issue.

    Well, I just went to the site an downloaded and installed (WPI
    install) the v2.8 of AMouse... Loaded fine and worked (but
    without wheel support for this Ativa optical PS2 mouse...
    But the mouse is NOT plugged directly into the machine; it's
    plugged into one of my Master View switches which may be the
    culprit. Once I switch away from this machine to do something on
    one of the other servers attached to the Master View and then
    switch BACK to this machine, it goes completely crazy, locking up
    and the top of the screen and bouncing all over the place (at the
    top menu bar) at the slightest movement of the mouse, opening all
    sorts of menu screens etc. Had to edit the config.sys, restoring
    the original mouse.sys via one of the other machines and send it
    a remote reboot command via telnet.

    So much for wheel support on OS/2 via AMouse. :-(

    * Best regards from Marc.
    * FIDONET=1:396/45 INTELEC=239:600/70
    A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

  11. Re: Mouse "wheel" support

    "Andi B." schrieb:

    > Signature: @#IBM:10.163#@ OS/2 Mouse Device Driver
    > Vendor: IBM
    > Revision: 10.163
    > File Version: 10.163
    >
    > work well here.

    Where did you get this mouse driver version ?

    Hendrik

+ Reply to Thread