Thinkpad A20m shut itself down!! - OS2

This is a discussion on Thinkpad A20m shut itself down!! - OS2 ; Hello, i've a problem with a Thinkpad A20m: When i visit a web site using firefox 3 (also firefox 2.0.0.14 or Seamonkey 1.1.9) that have a flash player contents (es. www.loreal.com ), the notebook shut itself down (power-off), and it ...

  1. Thinkpad A20m shut itself down!!

    Hello, i've a problem with a Thinkpad A20m:
    When i visit a web site using firefox 3 (also firefox 2.0.0.14 or
    Seamonkey 1.1.9) that have a flash player contents
    (es. www.loreal.com ), the notebook shut itself down (power-off), and it
    is necessary to unplug the DC connector and remove the battery to
    power-on again (with all the problems related, chkdsk and eventually
    lost info).
    I'm running eCS 2.0 RC3 (SNAP), SSD 16GB Transcend and 512MB ram.
    This problem occurs only in this cases and also running Windows 2k and
    XP, and with 7-8 and 9 version of flash player and also with firefox in
    the same environment.
    Running eCS the problem is not frequent like on Microsoft.
    Maybe an hw problem :-( ?
    PC-Doctor tools and diagnostic from IBM website for this notebook say
    all ok, like also other memory test programs i've used.
    What should be the problem? any suggestion?
    Thanks, Barbara.

  2. Re: Thinkpad A20m shut itself down!!

    muffetta66 wrote:
    > Hello, i've a problem with a Thinkpad A20m:
    > When i visit a web site using firefox 3 (also firefox 2.0.0.14 or
    > Seamonkey 1.1.9) that have a flash player contents
    > (es. www.loreal.com ), the notebook shut itself down (power-off), and it
    > is necessary to unplug the DC connector and remove the battery to
    > power-on again (with all the problems related, chkdsk and eventually
    > lost info).
    > I'm running eCS 2.0 RC3 (SNAP), SSD 16GB Transcend and 512MB ram.
    > This problem occurs only in this cases and also running Windows 2k and
    > XP, and with 7-8 and 9 version of flash player and also with firefox in
    > the same environment.
    > Running eCS the problem is not frequent like on Microsoft.
    > Maybe an hw problem :-( ?
    > PC-Doctor tools and diagnostic from IBM website for this notebook say
    > all ok, like also other memory test programs i've used.
    > What should be the problem? any suggestion?
    > Thanks, Barbara.

    My father's T23 (I think) shuts itself down because it is overheating
    (he was not able to pinpoint the exact issue yet), though the fan is
    working. This happens both under Windows and eCS 1.2MR.

    --
    Cheers,
    Martin

    UNDERSCOREmmiATcentrumDOTcz to email me