MS VPC 2007 - OS2

This is a discussion on MS VPC 2007 - OS2 ; On paper it looks as though MS VPC 2007 will run Warp MCP2 as a guest. Have you seen it working? Will it enable Warp to use installed hardware for which it has no drivers? Thanks....

  1. MS VPC 2007

    On paper it looks as though MS VPC 2007 will run Warp MCP2 as a guest.

    Have you seen it working?

    Will it enable Warp to use installed hardware for which it has no drivers?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: MS VPC 2007

    MCP2 works with no problem under MS VPC2007 (on either Windows XP or VISTA).
    You only have access to VPC hardware. This means you have no USB for
    example.
    You have access to network, display, keyboard and mouse, sound, shared
    folders.

    I use it for OS2 software maintenance.

    Daniel
    a écrit dans le message de news:
    c1.2c.3B41yQ$0ON@PC1.BIGPOND.COM...

    > On paper it looks as though MS VPC 2007 will run Warp MCP2 as a guest.
    >
    > Have you seen it working?
    >
    > Will it enable Warp to use installed hardware for which it has no drivers?
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: MS VPC 2007

    Hi,

    johnsuth@nospam.com.au schrieb:
    > On paper it looks as though MS VPC 2007 will run Warp MCP2 as a guest.
    >
    > Have you seen it working?

    It works!
    A new version (VirtualPC 2007 SP1) was released a couple of weeks ago.

    It runs also on x64 Windows XP or Vista.

    Regards,
    Andreas Kohl

  4. Re: MS VPC 2007

    In <4860d3c9$0$936$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>, "Daniel F Valot" writes:
    >MCP2 works with no problem under MS VPC2007 (on either Windows XP or VISTA).
    >You only have access to VPC hardware. This means you have no USB for
    >example.
    >You have access to network, display, keyboard and mouse, sound, shared
    >folders.
    >
    >I use it for OS2 software maintenance.
    >
    >Daniel

    Will it read/write HPFS and JFS files on a local hard drive?

    > a écrit dans le message de news:
    >c1.2c.3B41yQ$0ON@PC1.BIGPOND.COM...
    >>
    >> On paper it looks as though MS VPC 2007 will run Warp MCP2 as a guest.
    >>
    >> Have you seen it working?
    >>
    >> Will it enable Warp to use installed hardware for which it has no drivers?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

  5. Re: MS VPC 2007

    On 06/24/08 10:26 pm, johnsuth@nospam.com.au wrote:

    >> MCP2 works with no problem under MS VPC2007 (on either Windows XP or VISTA).

    > Will it read/write HPFS and JFS files on a local hard drive?

    I doubt it can read anything that the host OS can't.

  6. Re: MS VPC 2007

    I have not tested JFS, but HPFS partitions can be shared. It also shares
    FAT, FAT32 partitions.
    On the emulated disk, you can use any file system supported by MCP2.
    c1.2c.3B4Knm$0OR@PC1.BIGPOND.COM...

    > Will it read/write HPFS and JFS files on a local hard drive?

  7. Re: MS VPC 2007

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, johnsuth@nospam.com.au wrote:

    > Will it read/write HPFS and JFS files on a local hard drive?

    It writes them to the virtual hard disk that it is installed on.

+ Reply to Thread