FireFox and SeaMonkey bookmarks - OS2

This is a discussion on FireFox and SeaMonkey bookmarks - OS2 ; Is there a way to share bookmarks in real time between FF 3 and SM 1.19? I am not ready to ditch SM until I am sure I can configure FF in a function- ally similar way. I understand that ...

  1. FireFox and SeaMonkey bookmarks

    Is there a way to share bookmarks in real time between FF 3 and SM 1.19? I
    am not ready to ditch SM until I am sure I can configure FF in a function-
    ally similar way. I understand that there's been a change in the location
    of the bookmark file, but perhaps there's some kind of extension that can
    deal with the synchronization?

    Pierre
    --
    Pierre Jelenc
    The Gigometer www.gigometer.com

  2. Re: FireFox and SeaMonkey bookmarks

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:35:56 +0000, Pierre Jelenc wrote:

    > Is there a way to share bookmarks in real time between FF 3 and SM 1.19?
    > I am not ready to ditch SM until I am sure I can configure FF in a
    > function- ally similar way. I understand that there's been a change in
    > the location of the bookmark file, but perhaps there's some kind of
    > extension that can deal with the synchronization?

    It's not that there's been a change in the location of bookmarks in FF3
    it's that they've gone and changed it completely! Instead of using the
    tried and tested, easily editable bookmarks.html file, they're now
    using a sqlite database file!

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994

  3. Re: FireFox and SeaMonkey bookmarks

    Wayne writes:
    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:35:56 +0000, Pierre Jelenc wrote:
    >
    > > Is there a way to share bookmarks in real time between FF 3 and SM 1.19?
    > > I am not ready to ditch SM until I am sure I can configure FF in a
    > > function- ally similar way. I understand that there's been a change in
    > > the location of the bookmark file, but perhaps there's some kind of
    > > extension that can deal with the synchronization?

    > It's not that there's been a change in the location of bookmarks in FF3
    > it's that they've gone and changed it completely! Instead of using the
    > tried and tested, easily editable bookmarks.html file, they're now
    > using a sqlite database file!

    Is it the kind of thing that an add-on could tackle? I can't be the only
    one who is using both apps and would like to keep in sync...

    Pierre
    --
    Pierre Jelenc
    The Gigometer www.gigometer.com