Drivers for hard disks - OS2

This is a discussion on Drivers for hard disks - OS2 ; It seems that the Adaptec Ultra320 Family Driver for OS/2 (d1.0 9/5/203) will not load in my box with Adaptec SCSI BIOS v4.30, AIC-7902 chipset and Cheetah 15k.3 drive. I investigated shared IRQs but found no way of reassigning or ...

  1. Drivers for hard disks

    It seems that the Adaptec Ultra320 Family Driver for OS/2 (d1.0 9/5/203) will
    not load in my box with Adaptec SCSI BIOS v4.30, AIC-7902 chipset and Cheetah
    15k.3 drive.

    I investigated shared IRQs but found no way of reassigning or disabling
    all shared devices.

    Booting almost works with the I13 driver present, but after reporting all the
    basedevs, IFSs and devices in the config.sys file, it stops after the last
    device in the file with a blinking cursor on a new line. A hard reset is the
    only way out then.

    Is there any way of operating my SCSI drive with HPFS and JFS partitions in this
    box or should I consider using bootable Dfsee to clone it to a SATA drive?

  2. Re: Drivers for hard disks

    Have you by chance EARLYMEMINIT=TRUE in config.sys ? Either remove or set
    EARLYMEMINIT=FALSE

    Lars

    schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > It seems that the Adaptec Ultra320 Family Driver for OS/2 (d1.0 9/5/203)
    > will
    > not load in my box with Adaptec SCSI BIOS v4.30, AIC-7902 chipset and
    > Cheetah
    > 15k.3 drive.
    >
    > I investigated shared IRQs but found no way of reassigning or disabling
    > all shared devices.
    >
    > Booting almost works with the I13 driver present, but after reporting all
    > the
    > basedevs, IFSs and devices in the config.sys file, it stops after the last
    > device in the file with a blinking cursor on a new line. A hard reset is
    > the
    > only way out then.
    >
    > Is there any way of operating my SCSI drive with HPFS and JFS partitions
    > in this
    > box or should I consider using bootable Dfsee to clone it to a SATA drive?

  3. Re: Drivers for hard disks

    In <48611146$0$7536$9b4e6d93@newsspool1.arcor-online.net>, "Lars Erdmann" writes:
    >Have you by chance EARLYMEMINIT=TRUE in config.sys ? Either remove or set
    >EARLYMEMINIT=FALSE

    No.

    >Lars
    >
    > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>
    >> It seems that the Adaptec Ultra320 Family Driver for OS/2 (d1.0 9/5/203)
    >> will
    >> not load in my box with Adaptec SCSI BIOS v4.30, AIC-7902 chipset and
    >> Cheetah
    >> 15k.3 drive.
    >>
    >> I investigated shared IRQs but found no way of reassigning or disabling
    >> all shared devices.
    >>
    >> Booting almost works with the I13 driver present, but after reporting all
    >> the
    >> basedevs, IFSs and devices in the config.sys file, it stops after the last
    >> device in the file with a blinking cursor on a new line. A hard reset is
    >> the
    >> only way out then.
    >>
    >> Is there any way of operating my SCSI drive with HPFS and JFS partitions
    >> in this
    >> box or should I consider using bootable Dfsee to clone it to a SATA drive?

  4. Re: Drivers for hard disks

    johnsuth@nospam.com.au wrote:
    > It seems that the Adaptec Ultra320 Family Driver for OS/2 (d1.0 9/5/203) will
    > not load in my box with Adaptec SCSI BIOS v4.30, AIC-7902 chipset and Cheetah
    > 15k.3 drive.
    >
    > I investigated shared IRQs but found no way of reassigning or disabling
    > all shared devices.
    >
    > Booting almost works with the I13 driver present, but after reporting all the
    > basedevs, IFSs and devices in the config.sys file, it stops after the last
    > device in the file with a blinking cursor on a new line. A hard reset is the
    > only way out then.
    >
    > Is there any way of operating my SCSI drive with HPFS and JFS partitions in this
    > box or should I consider using bootable Dfsee to clone it to a SATA drive?

    Make sure that the I13 drive is the only hard drive driver in your
    CONFIG.SYS file. It does not work correctly if loaded with other drivers
    that also try to operate the hard drive.

    And of course, also try older Adaptec drivers, and perhaps even some
    different Adaptec drivers.

    And be sure that they are in order! The UNICODE.SYS driver must be
    loaded before the JFS driver.(JFS can' run without it!)

    And try the /V or /W parameters with the drivers to what they report.
    DANIS506.ADD will give you all sorts of information. It ALT-F4, or ALT-5
    when OS/2 boots-up to be able to load the CONFIG.SYS file line by
    line, driver by driver, and be able to read whatever each driver reports
    back to you, if you use the /V parameter (verbose), or /W (verbose, and
    wait). Just perhaps one driver is having a problem.

+ Reply to Thread