Re-enable Innotek Font Engine - OS2

This is a discussion on Re-enable Innotek Font Engine - OS2 ; My wifes computer is no longer appears to be using the InnoTek Font Engine for Mozilla. I've uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed, but to no avail. I have checked the Registry, via RegEdit2 and the values all seem to be set ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Re-enable Innotek Font Engine

  1. Re-enable Innotek Font Engine

    My wifes computer is no longer appears to be using the InnoTek Font Engine
    for Mozilla. I've uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed, but to no avail. I
    have checked the Registry, via RegEdit2 and the values all seem to be set
    according the docs I found on the internet.

    Any clues?


    Eric Erickson
    Elvish Software Foundry, Inc. - Internet: drowelf@vnetAntiSpam.net
    Already where I want to be Today - Voice/Fax: (218)-398-2625



  2. Re: Re-enable Innotek Font Engine

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 01:46:40 UTC, "Eric Erickson"
    wrote:

    > My wifes computer is no longer appears to be using the InnoTek Font Engine
    > for Mozilla. I've uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed, but to no avail. I
    > have checked the Registry, via RegEdit2 and the values all seem to be set
    > according the docs I found on the internet.
    >
    > Any clues?


    IFE 2.40 (as shipped with eCS - even eCS 2.0 RC4) uses the section:
    > [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\InnoTek\InnoTek Font Engine\Applications\

    to set the programs that use it.

    IFE 2.60 (Highly recommended update, to avoid many problems -
    apparently, never seen by those who are building eCS, so they refuse
    to update it) uses the section:
    > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InnoTek\InnoTek Font Engine\Applications\


    Perhaps you are modifying the wrong section...

    BTW, it appears that the new Firefox 3.0 doesn't need the Font Engine
    support, so it may be a good idea to disable it, after updating.

    Hope this helps...
    --
    From the eComStation 2.0 RC2 of Doug Bissett
    dougb007 at telus dot net
    (Please make the obvious changes, to e-mail me)


  3. Re: Re-enable Innotek Font Engine

    On 06/21/08 11:06 am, Doug Bissett wrote:

    > IFE 2.60 (Highly recommended update, to avoid many problems -
    > apparently, never seen by those who are building eCS, so they refuse
    > to update it)


    The only down side to it is it uses a beta version of libc (0.6b4); I
    was hoping a non-beta release would be made, but at this point I don't
    think that's going to happen unless Netlabs gets the code and someone
    volunteers to start maintaining it.

  4. Re: Re-enable Innotek Font Engine

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 19:44:12 -0700, Steve Wendt wrote:

    > On 06/21/08 11:06 am, Doug Bissett wrote:
    >
    >> IFE 2.60 (Highly recommended update, to avoid many problems -
    >> apparently, never seen by those who are building eCS, so they refuse
    >> to update it)

    >
    > The only down side to it is it uses a beta version of libc (0.6b4);


    Is that really a downside? Seems fairly trivial to me.

    > I was hoping a non-beta release would be made, but at this point I don't
    > think that's going to happen unless Netlabs gets the code


    Have you any idea how we might go about doing that and whether it might
    be let go?

    > and someone volunteers to start maintaining it.


    I don't mind maintaining a CVS repository and building it occasionally, but
    I really don't have time for any more stuff.

  5. Re: Re-enable Innotek Font Engine

    On 06/22/08 01:43 am, Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

    >> I was hoping a non-beta release would be made, but at this point I don't
    >> think that's going to happen unless Netlabs gets the code

    >
    > Have you any idea how we might go about doing that and whether it might
    > be let go?


    Last I heard, that was planned. I don't know if it's a problem of
    motivation, or some other encumbrance.

  6. Re: Re-enable Innotek Font Engine

    In , on 06/22/2008
    at 08:43 AM, Paul Ratcliffe said:

    Hi,

    >Is that really a downside? Seems fairly trivial to me.


    I suspect the issues are legal and not technical.

    >> I was hoping a non-beta release would be made, but at this point I don't
    >> think that's going to happen unless Netlabs gets the code


    >Have you any idea how we might go about doing that and whether it might
    >be let go?


    I would recommend asking Knut. I would suspect that he knows some of the
    answers to this.

    Steven

    --
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00 beta 11pre14 #10183
    eCS/Warp/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.ca.webbnet.info #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  7. Re: Re-enable Innotek Font Engine

    Doug Bissett wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 01:46:40 UTC, "Eric Erickson"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> My wifes computer is no longer appears to be using the InnoTek Font Engine
    >> for Mozilla. I've uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed, but to no avail. I
    >> have checked the Registry, via RegEdit2 and the values all seem to be set
    >> according the docs I found on the internet.
    >>
    >> Any clues?

    >
    > IFE 2.40 (as shipped with eCS - even eCS 2.0 RC4) uses the section:
    >> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\InnoTek\InnoTek Font Engine\Applications\

    > to set the programs that use it.
    >
    > IFE 2.60 (Highly recommended update, to avoid many problems -
    > apparently, never seen by those who are building eCS, so they refuse
    > to update it) uses the section:
    >> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InnoTek\InnoTek Font Engine\Applications\

    >
    > Perhaps you are modifying the wrong section...
    >
    > BTW, it appears that the new Firefox 3.0 doesn't need the Font Engine
    > support, so it may be a good idea to disable it, after updating.
    >
    > Hope this helps...


    A touch OT perhaps, but where can I find the 2.60 update?
    Cheers!

  8. Re: Re-enable Innotek Font Engine

    On 06/26/08 08:27 pm, Richard Budd wrote:

    > A touch OT perhaps, but where can I find the 2.60 update?


    http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html

+ Reply to Thread