mozilla memory hog - OS2

This is a discussion on mozilla memory hog - OS2 ; On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:31:27 UTC, Robert Wolfe wrote: > What do you guys use to build Seamonkey under OS/2? gcc 3.3.5, an IBM linker ('ilink'), plus various tools for building *nix apps under OS/2. For more details, see ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: mozilla memory hog

    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs..._Prerequisites

    --
    == == almost usable email address: Rich AT E-vertise.Com == ==

    | DragText v3.9 with NLS support
    Rich Walsh | A Distinctly Different Desktop Enhancement
    Ft Myers, FL | http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/

  2. Re: mozilla memory hog

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Rich Walsh wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:31:27 UTC, Robert Wolfe wrote:
    >
    >> What do you guys use to build Seamonkey under OS/2?

    > gcc 3.3.5, an IBM linker ('ilink'), plus various tools for
    > building *nix apps under OS/2. For more details, see
    > http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs..._Prerequisites

    Thanks! Will definitely have a look-see at this

  3. Re: mozilla memory hog

    On 26 Jun 2008 17:02:56 GMT
    "Rich Walsh" wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:31:27 UTC, Robert Wolfe wrote:
    >
    > > What do you guys use to build Seamonkey under OS/2?

    > gcc 3.3.5, an IBM linker ('ilink'), plus various tools for
    > building *nix apps under OS/2. For more details, see
    > http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs..._Prerequisites

    I am assuming Paul Smedley's build environment located at http://www.smedley.info/os2ports/ind...ld-environment is based off of this information?

  4. Re: mozilla memory hog

    On 06/28/08 09:26 am, Robert Wolfe wrote:
    > On 26 Jun 2008 17:02:56 GMT
    > "Rich Walsh" wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:31:27 UTC, Robert Wolfe wrote:
    >>
    >>> What do you guys use to build Seamonkey under OS/2?

    >> gcc 3.3.5, an IBM linker ('ilink'), plus various tools for
    >> building *nix apps under OS/2. For more details, see
    >> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs..._Prerequisites

    > I am assuming Paul Smedley's build environment located at http://www.smedley.info/os2ports/ind...ld-environment is based off of this information?

    I think Paul may of started with a lot of the same environment and has
    updated it quite a bit. Examples include Paul having his own builds of
    Perl and Python, perhaps the coreutils and lots of various libraries.
    The advantages of building with klibc (innotek_libc) includes large file
    support and symbolic links.
    A lot of the older EMX ports are really ports instead of recompilations.
    File utils which support extended attributes, same with the old tar and
    gzip. And various things like that.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2