lazy writing - OS2

This is a discussion on lazy writing - OS2 ; Recently I started to get a no "lazy write" message on booting. I don't recall having done anything (though I am having some weird behavior with one of the disks - not the booting one). I infer the message is ...

  1. lazy writing

    Recently I started to get a no "lazy write" message on booting. I don't
    recall having done anything (though I am having some weird behavior with
    one of the disks - not the booting one). I infer the message is
    coming from dani506 (?). Is this an option in the MB BIOS? If so what is
    it called? If it is a config.sys option does it have another name as I
    dont see it in the docs. Is it part of disk hardware (I just added
    another SATA)? I am all for lazy writing.

  2. Re: lazy writing

    On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 14:36:02 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.storage, Leo Tick
    wrote:

    > Recently I started to get a no "lazy write" message on booting. I don't
    > recall having done anything (though I am having some weird behavior with
    > one of the disks - not the booting one). I infer the message is
    > coming from dani506 (?). Is this an option in the MB BIOS? If so what is
    > it called? If it is a config.sys option does it have another name as I
    > dont see it in the docs. Is it part of disk hardware (I just added
    > another SATA)? I am all for lazy writing.

    This is a file system related message and nothing to do with DaniS506.add. Post
    the lines from your config.sys that start with ifs= and the one that says
    diskcache=.

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com

  3. Re: lazy writing

    Trevor Hemsley wrote:
    > On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 14:36:02 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.storage, Leo Tick
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Recently I started to get a no "lazy write" message on booting. I don't
    >> recall having done anything (though I am having some weird behavior with
    >> one of the disks - not the booting one). I infer the message is
    >> coming from dani506 (?). Is this an option in the MB BIOS? If so what is
    >> it called? If it is a config.sys option does it have another name as I
    >> dont see it in the docs. Is it part of disk hardware (I just added
    >> another SATA)? I am all for lazy writing.

    > This is a file system related message and nothing to do with DaniS506.add. Post
    > the lines from your config.sys that start with ifs= and the one that says
    > diskcache=.

    Thanks- no need to post now that I know the source. CACHEF32 had the
    option L:OFF. I really don't know what this is all about but putting it
    ON had the message go away
    Thanks again

  4. Re: lazy writing

    On 9 jun, 23:52, Leo Tick wrote:
    > Trevor Hemsley wrote:
    > > On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 14:36:02 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.storage, Leo Tick
    > > wrote:

    > >> Recently I started to get a no "lazy write" message on booting. I don't
    > >> recall having done anything (though I am having some weird behavior with
    > >> * *one of the disks - not the booting one). I infer the message is
    > >> coming from dani506 (?). Is this an option in the MB BIOS? If so what is
    > >> it called? If it is a config.sys option does it have another name as I
    > >> dont see it in the docs. Is it part of disk hardware (I just added
    > >> another SATA)? I am all for lazy writing.

    > > This is a file system related message and nothing to do with DaniS506.add. Post
    > > the lines from your config.sys that start with ifs= and the one that says
    > > diskcache=.

    > Thanks- no need to post now that I know the source. CACHEF32 had the
    > option L:OFF. I really don't know what this is all about but putting it
    > ON had the message go away
    > Thanks again

    Is cachef32 loaded before diskcache=? Never got this message.

+ Reply to Thread