On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 06:21:14 -0700
Bill wrote:

> ERACC wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 May 2008 15:56:22 -0700
> > Bill wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >> I had OS/2 working nicely in 1995, along with an early Linux, and DOS
> >> with windows 3.1. Then I made the mistake of putting a windows 95 CD in
> >> my computer and it ran a scandisk /f on all my drives and killed abouta
> >> years worth of work and data. I almost frisbeed the CD into a wall but
> >> managed to exchange it for a Warp 4 CD, but that version of OS/2 was
> >> just the death throes, last gasp, for Os/2.

> > [...]
> >
> > I guess you have not tried eComStation then? If one like(d|s) OS/2 then
> > eComStation (eCS) is the current choice for that as OS/2 is still underthe
> > hood of eCS. Go check out www.ecomstation.com and my recent web log
> > articles about building computers for eCS:

[...]
> Sounds good, and thanks for the URL's. If I can work that into my
> multi-boot scheme I will be happy. I'm not quite running a server farm
> yet but my computer area at home is getting clogged.

If you want to get information on your hardware check the eCS hardware database
at (http://en.ecomstation.ru/hardware.php). Uhm, we should also probably be
discussing this in comp.os.os2.ecomstation so I am adding that group and
putting it in as the followup-to on this reply. There is an eCS specific news
server at news.ecomstation.nl where one can get official and semi-official
support. I think it is the better choice for information should you be
considering eComStation.

Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
My latest Blog article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/6nkhsq
'FedEx.com Says “Not You” to Linux Users?'
Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare