RFD -- New AFA-B award? Re: FINAL UPDATE: Summer 2007 AFA-B Awards - OS2

This is a discussion on RFD -- New AFA-B award? Re: FINAL UPDATE: Summer 2007 AFA-B Awards - OS2 ; Friendly Neighborhood Vote Wrangler wrote: >Also, there is a referendum on the ballot, proposed by Bookman and >tacitly seconded by yours truly. > >RESOLVED, shall there be an award named "The AFA-B Cain's Mark" which >recognizes those posters to alt.fan.art-bell ...

  1. RFD -- New AFA-B award? Re: FINAL UPDATE: Summer 2007 AFA-B Awards

    Friendly Neighborhood Vote Wrangler wrote:

    >Also, there is a referendum on the ballot, proposed by Bookman and
    >tacitly seconded by yours truly.
    >
    >RESOLVED, shall there be an award named "The AFA-B Cain's Mark" which
    >recognizes those posters to alt.fan.art-bell whose insubordination,
    >insanity, monotony, or just plain nastiness merit permanent
    >disqualification from further awards? This award shall be granted
    >either as an executive decision of the Official Overseer of Kooks&Trolls
    >in AFA-B or his designee or* as a write-in on the regular AFA-B ballot.
    >The latter option would require a two-thirds supermajority of all the
    >ballots cast in that election.
    >
    >*inclusive or.
    >
    >This resolution shall require a two-thirds supermajority to pass.

    I would like to see if there is any support for introducing a David J.
    Tholen "Classic Erroneous Presupposition" as a new AFA-B award. This
    title was proposed to replace the Bartlo in AUK, and several voters
    indicated that the Tholen CEP title is just too funny to let drop. So
    I was thinking this award could be something along these lines:

    "The David J. Tholen 'Classic Erroneous Presupposition' Award -- a
    lifetime achievement award given to those Usenet posters who
    demonstrate a profound ability to generate autonomic, mindless, and
    repetitious responses over a sustained length of time, without regard
    for their own self-image. This award honors David J. Tholen who
    valiantly dispatches all personal antagonists with a rapier sword that
    consists of about a dozen canned lines repeated over and over and
    over."

    Now that I've seen this in type, it seems to not overlap the AUK
    Pathetic Anal Pineapple to a large extent. Entities such a Der Kazoo
    with his BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT anti-intellectual kharma that has
    been posted for years on end would qualify.

    Could it also be considered as a new AUK award instead (although the
    Looney Maroon is probably overlap)?

    Comments? Changes?

    as designated by Brad Guth
    COOSN-266-06-39716

  2. Re: RFD -- New AFA-B award? Re: FINAL UPDATE: Summer 2007 AFA-B Awards

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:04:43 -0600, Art Deco
    wrote:

    >Friendly Neighborhood Vote Wrangler wrote:
    >
    >>Also, there is a referendum on the ballot, proposed by Bookman and
    >>tacitly seconded by yours truly.
    >>
    >>RESOLVED, shall there be an award named "The AFA-B Cain's Mark" which
    >>recognizes those posters to alt.fan.art-bell whose insubordination,
    >>insanity, monotony, or just plain nastiness merit permanent
    >>disqualification from further awards? This award shall be granted
    >>either as an executive decision of the Official Overseer of Kooks&Trolls
    >>in AFA-B or his designee or* as a write-in on the regular AFA-B ballot.
    >>The latter option would require a two-thirds supermajority of all the
    >>ballots cast in that election.
    >>
    >>*inclusive or.
    >>
    >>This resolution shall require a two-thirds supermajority to pass.

    >I would like to see if there is any support for introducing a David J.
    >Tholen "Classic Erroneous Presupposition" as a new AFA-B award. This
    >title was proposed to replace the Bartlo in AUK, and several voters
    >indicated that the Tholen CEP title is just too funny to let drop. So
    >I was thinking this award could be something along these lines:
    >
    >"The David J. Tholen 'Classic Erroneous Presupposition' Award -- a
    >lifetime achievement award given to those Usenet posters who
    >demonstrate a profound ability to generate autonomic, mindless, and
    >repetitious responses over a sustained length of time, without regard
    >for their own self-image. This award honors David J. Tholen who
    >valiantly dispatches all personal antagonists with a rapier sword that
    >consists of about a dozen canned lines repeated over and over and
    >over."
    >
    >Now that I've seen this in type, it seems to not overlap the AUK
    >Pathetic Anal Pineapple to a large extent. Entities such a Der Kazoo
    >with his BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT anti-intellectual kharma that has
    >been posted for years on end would qualify.
    >
    >Could it also be considered as a new AUK award instead (although the
    >Looney Maroon is probably overlap)?
    >
    >Comments? Changes?

    Well you seem to have a point, but it seems to me that Foameo deserves
    a mention there. Hmm... What about the Tholen/Barlo "Classic
    Erroneous Retuftaion"? Ecch, doesn't scan well, but y'all get the
    idea.

    And Deco? Non-overlapping Awards for AFAB are a Good Thing. HTH.

    ESL!

    --
    Bookman -The Official Overseer of Kooks and Trolls in AFA-B
    Kazoo Konspirator #668 (The Neighbor of the Beast)
    #14 People ruining UseNet lits
    #9 Top Assholes on the Net lits
    #11 Most hated Usenetizens of all time lits
    #11 Cog in the AUK Hate Machine

    "I'd love to kill you in a ring" - Bartmo gets all touchy-feely

    "****SPV....... So yes I am an idiot."

    "ASK THE NWS, YOUR TAX DOLLAR GOES TO THEM NOT TO DR.TURI."
    - Mr. Turi explains how to accurately predict hurricanes

    Bookman is yet another Usenet fignuten, meaning naysayer and/or
    rusemaster of their incest cloned Third Reich. In other words, you're
    communicating with an intellectual if not a biological clone of
    Hitler.
    - Brad Guth tries to wax "scientific", but invokes Godwin, instead.

    WWFSMD?

  3. Re: RFD -- New AFA-B award? Re: FINAL UPDATE: Summer 2007 AFA-B Awards

    thebookman@kc.rr.comNULL wrote in

    > On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:04:43 -0600, Art Deco
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Friendly Neighborhood Vote Wrangler wrote:
    >>
    >>>Also, there is a referendum on the ballot, proposed by Bookman and
    >>>tacitly seconded by yours truly.
    >>>
    >>>RESOLVED, shall there be an award named "The AFA-B Cain's Mark" which
    >>>recognizes those posters to alt.fan.art-bell whose insubordination,
    >>>insanity, monotony, or just plain nastiness merit permanent
    >>>disqualification from further awards? This award shall be granted
    >>>either as an executive decision of the Official Overseer of
    >>>Kooks&Trolls in AFA-B or his designee or* as a write-in on the
    >>>regular AFA-B ballot. The latter option would require a two-thirds
    >>>supermajority of all the ballots cast in that election.
    >>>
    >>>*inclusive or.
    >>>
    >>>This resolution shall require a two-thirds supermajority to pass.

    >>I would like to see if there is any support for introducing a David J.
    >>Tholen "Classic Erroneous Presupposition" as a new AFA-B award. This
    >>title was proposed to replace the Bartlo in AUK, and several voters
    >>indicated that the Tholen CEP title is just too funny to let drop. So
    >>I was thinking this award could be something along these lines:
    >>
    >>"The David J. Tholen 'Classic Erroneous Presupposition' Award -- a
    >>lifetime achievement award given to those Usenet posters who
    >>demonstrate a profound ability to generate autonomic, mindless, and
    >>repetitious responses over a sustained length of time, without regard
    >>for their own self-image. This award honors David J. Tholen who
    >>valiantly dispatches all personal antagonists with a rapier sword that
    >>consists of about a dozen canned lines repeated over and over and
    >>over."
    >>
    >>Now that I've seen this in type, it seems to not overlap the AUK
    >>Pathetic Anal Pineapple to a large extent. Entities such a Der Kazoo
    >>with his BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT anti-intellectual kharma that has
    >>been posted for years on end would qualify.
    >>
    >>Could it also be considered as a new AUK award instead (although the
    >>Looney Maroon is probably overlap)?
    >>
    >>Comments? Changes?

    > Well you seem to have a point, but it seems to me that Foameo deserves
    > a mention there. Hmm... What about the Tholen/Barlo "Classic
    > Erroneous Retuftaion"? Ecch, doesn't scan well, but y'all get the
    > idea.
    >
    > And Deco? Non-overlapping Awards for AFAB are a Good Thing. HTH.

    It's not a bad idea as it's an award given once every few months. Once
    you get past Tholen, Kazoo and Goat****er Bill Hughes (who won't poast in
    AFA-B) it's pretty much run its course.

+ Reply to Thread