Adding SCSI card + CDROM + Tape drive - OS2

This is a discussion on Adding SCSI card + CDROM + Tape drive - OS2 ; Hi, I have added Tekram SCSI host card to existing OS/2(V3) installation Before I had IDE HD + IDE CD-rom. Now I have SCSI Sony CDU-415 and Seagate Tape drive (removed IDE cd, IDE hd still remains). What modifications does ...

  1. Adding SCSI card + CDROM + Tape drive

    Hi,

    I have added Tekram SCSI host card to existing OS/2(V3) installation
    Before I had IDE HD + IDE CD-rom. Now I have SCSI Sony CDU-415 and
    Seagate Tape drive (removed IDE cd, IDE hd still remains). What
    modifications does this setup need in Config.sys? Only modification I
    have made now is adding BASEDEV=TMSCSIW.ADD /V to config.sys What else
    do I need to remove/add there to get these working?

    Tero

  2. Re: Adding SCSI card + CDROM + Tape drive

    On 09/28/07 04:03 am Tero Kaarlela wrote:

    > I have added Tekram SCSI host card to existing OS/2(V3) installation
    > Before I had IDE HD + IDE CD-rom. Now I have SCSI Sony CDU-415 and
    > Seagate Tape drive (removed IDE cd, IDE hd still remains). What
    > modifications does this setup need in Config.sys? Only modification I
    > have made now is adding BASEDEV=TMSCSIW.ADD /V to config.sys What else
    > do I need to remove/add there to get these working?

    What model Tekram card? Not all use that driver. Some use a Symbios
    Logic (now LSI Logic) chip and use one of the SYMxxx.ADD drivers.

    And what backup software? It may need a driver of its own too.

    Perce

  3. Re: Adding SCSI card + CDROM + Tape drive

    Tekram DC-390F and driver is correct. Problem is now that I see CD in
    OS/2 system -> drives but cant access it. I am going to use PsNs or
    BackAgain/2.

    Tero

    Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
    > On 09/28/07 04:03 am Tero Kaarlela wrote:
    >
    >> I have added Tekram SCSI host card to existing OS/2(V3)
    >> installation Before I had IDE HD + IDE CD-rom. Now I have SCSI Sony
    >> CDU-415 and Seagate Tape drive (removed IDE cd, IDE hd still remains).
    >> What modifications does this setup need in Config.sys? Only
    >> modification I have made now is adding BASEDEV=TMSCSIW.ADD /V to
    >> config.sys What else do I need to remove/add there to get these working?

    > What model Tekram card? Not all use that driver. Some use a Symbios
    > Logic (now LSI Logic) chip and use one of the SYMxxx.ADD drivers.
    >
    > And what backup software? It may need a driver of its own too.
    >
    > Perce

  4. Re: Adding SCSI card + CDROM + Tape drive

    Tero Kaarlela wrote:
    > I have added Tekram SCSI host card to existing OS/2(V3) installation
    > Before I had IDE HD + IDE CD-rom. Now I have SCSI Sony CDU-415 and
    > Seagate Tape drive (removed IDE cd, IDE hd still remains). What
    > modifications does this setup need in Config.sys? Only modification I
    > have made now is adding BASEDEV=TMSCSIW.ADD /V to config.sys What else
    > do I need to remove/add there to get these working?

    Normally nothing, but the Tekram drivers are well known to be crap.

    Most of the Tekram controllers will work fine with the generic Symbios
    drivers SYM8XX.ADD. That cures various problems not only with OS/2. But
    some old Tekram controllers do not work this way.

    Unfortunately you did not say what kind of Tekram you card you are
    using. If you are in doubt, try the SYM8XX.ADD. If it works, you are fine.

    Marcel

+ Reply to Thread