Support for IBM ServeRAID Adapter under eCS - OS2

This is a discussion on Support for IBM ServeRAID Adapter under eCS - OS2 ; I am looking to buy an IBM ServeRAID adapter for SCSCI drives and am wondering about which adapters are supported by OS/2, or rather the SMP version of eCS 1.2. A quick perusal of the IBM website suggests that the ...

  1. Support for IBM ServeRAID Adapter under eCS

    I am looking to buy an IBM ServeRAID adapter for SCSCI drives and am
    wondering about which adapters are supported by OS/2, or rather the SMP
    version of eCS 1.2. A quick perusal of the IBM website suggests that the
    last driver for the SCSI version of the card is 7.12 which supports
    ServeRAID-3L, 3H, 3HB, 4L, 4Lx, 4M, 4Mx, 4H, 5i, 6i, 6i+, 6m, 7k.

    I get the impression that a 5i, 6i or 6i+ card only works in an xServer which
    seems to be a proprietary architecture using PCI-X slots while I want to put
    it in a standard server with regular PCI slots.

    Is someone running a ServeRaid series 6 card under eCS/OS/2, if so which
    exakt card and which driver version? Any problems or issues? I am looking
    to use one or both external VHDCI ports to connect to one or two disk arrays
    with multiple U320 drives.

    TIA.

  2. Re: Support for IBM ServeRAID Adapter under eCS

    Elmer Fudd wrote:
    > I am looking to buy an IBM ServeRAID adapter for SCSCI drives and am
    > wondering about which adapters are supported by OS/2, or rather the SMP
    > version of eCS 1.2. A quick perusal of the IBM website suggests that the
    > last driver for the SCSI version of the card is 7.12 which supports
    > ServeRAID-3L, 3H, 3HB, 4L, 4Lx, 4M, 4Mx, 4H, 5i, 6i, 6i+, 6m, 7k.
    >
    > I get the impression that a 5i, 6i or 6i+ card only works in an xServer which
    > seems to be a proprietary architecture using PCI-X slots while I want to put
    > it in a standard server with regular PCI slots.
    >
    > Is someone running a ServeRaid series 6 card under eCS/OS/2, if so which
    > exakt card and which driver version? Any problems or issues? I am looking
    > to use one or both external VHDCI ports to connect to one or two disk arrays
    > with multiple U320 drives.
    >
    > TIA.

    I found the update information for the IBM ServeRAID at:

    <
    http://www.lenovo.com/Search/?v=15&l...tf&q=serveraid

+ Reply to Thread