The sense information is rather specific, I'm afraid. Even the
"translation" says that it is a CRC error. The sense codes (SK/ASC/ASCQ)
could give you more information where the CRC has been diagnosed
(reading media or transferring data over IDE bus). Also be remembered
that only busmaster diagnoses transfer errors.

For further analysis I would simply try all PIO and DMA modes accepted
by the driver (use /80WIRE tag). Because the drive has onboard cache and
you are reading, you will not get overruns. You could even tweak the
adapter a little with some timing parms (/PCLK possible with Dani's.

Trying a IDE PCI card might also give you more informations about the
source of the problem.

Regards
Uwe