Only seeing 10% of 300GB disk - OS2

This is a discussion on Only seeing 10% of 300GB disk - OS2 ; I just got a new Hitachi 300GB PATA drive an attached to my system but when trying to configure it with LVM it appears as a 30GB disk. Are there limits in older versions of LVM, OS2DASD or DANIS506 which ...

  1. Only seeing 10% of 300GB disk

    I just got a new Hitachi 300GB PATA drive an attached to my system but
    when trying to configure it with LVM it appears as a 30GB disk.

    Are there limits in older versions of LVM, OS2DASD or DANIS506 which
    cannot see beyond certain sizes?

    Is there any program which can identify the capacity of this disk
    correctly? Or could it be a limitation of the BIOS?

  2. Re: Only seeing 10% of 300GB disk

    On Sun, 13 May 2007 17:15:18 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.storage, jp
    wrote:

    > I just got a new Hitachi 300GB PATA drive an attached to my system but
    > when trying to configure it with LVM it appears as a 30GB disk.
    >
    > Are there limits in older versions of LVM, OS2DASD or DANIS506 which
    > cannot see beyond certain sizes?
    >
    > Is there any program which can identify the capacity of this disk
    > correctly? Or could it be a limitation of the BIOS?

    Check the jumpers on the disk - sometimes there are positions that restrict
    drives to 32GB.

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com

  3. Re: Only seeing 10% of 300GB disk

    Trevor Hemsley wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 May 2007 17:15:18 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.storage, jp
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I just got a new Hitachi 300GB PATA drive an attached to my system but
    >> when trying to configure it with LVM it appears as a 30GB disk.
    >>
    >> Are there limits in older versions of LVM, OS2DASD or DANIS506 which
    >> cannot see beyond certain sizes?
    >>
    >> Is there any program which can identify the capacity of this disk
    >> correctly? Or could it be a limitation of the BIOS?

    > Check the jumpers on the disk - sometimes there are positions that restrict
    > drives to 32GB.

    Thanks for that - makes a big difference!

+ Reply to Thread