Here in comp.os.os2.setup.storage,
Felix Miata spake unto us, saying:

>All Linux distros I've ever installed, with one exception (an early Linspire
>mess) presume in a multiboot installation that you want to use its boot
>loader as a boot manager, and thus presume the best place for it is the MBR.

Interesting. I don't recall old versions of Mandrake (6.x-9.x) making
that assumption, or at least it was easy enough to install LILO in the
boot sector of the filesystem I wanted to boot from rather than the MBR.

Sounds like newer Linux distros are devolving. :-(

The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.