Largest drive in use on OS/2 - OS2

This is a discussion on Largest drive in use on OS/2 - OS2 ; Anyone out there using a gigantic disk on OS/2? How large is the largest 'disk' that anyone is using? I have a 5 disk RAID3 array of 596GB but I'm wondering if anyone has anything larger than that in use ...

  1. Largest drive in use on OS/2

    Anyone out there using a gigantic disk on OS/2? How large is the largest 'disk'
    that anyone is using? I have a 5 disk RAID3 array of 596GB but I'm wondering if
    anyone has anything larger than that in use as I'm thinking of replacing the
    160GB drives in the array with something larger and am wondering exactly how
    large I can go! I suspect that there's nothing going to ever allow access to
    more than 2TB so I'm looking at 5 x 500GB drives at max.

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com

  2. Re: Largest drive in use on OS/2

    Trevor Hemsley wrote:
    > Anyone out there using a gigantic disk on OS/2? How large is the largest 'disk'
    > that anyone is using? I have a 5 disk RAID3 array of 596GB but I'm wondering if
    > anyone has anything larger than that in use as I'm thinking of replacing the
    > 160GB drives in the array with something larger and am wondering exactly how
    > large I can go! I suspect that there's nothing going to ever allow access to
    > more than 2TB so I'm looking at 5 x 500GB drives at max.

    I've got a 300MB Maxtor disk on a USB port under eCS 1.2.

    Chuck Meins

  3. Re: Largest drive in use on OS/2

    Is this a SCSI RAID array?

    On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:22:26 -0500, Trevor Hemsley wrote:

    :>Anyone out there using a gigantic disk on OS/2? How large is the largest 'disk'
    :>that anyone is using? I have a 5 disk RAID3 array of 596GB but I'm wondering if
    :>anyone has anything larger than that in use as I'm thinking of replacing the
    :>160GB drives in the array with something larger and am wondering exactly how
    :>large I can go! I suspect that there's nothing going to ever allow access to
    :>more than 2TB so I'm looking at 5 x 500GB drives at max.
    :>
    :>--
    :>Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    :>Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com

  4. Re: Largest drive in use on OS/2

    On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:01:38 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.storage, "Elmer Fudd"
    wrote:

    > Is this a SCSI RAID array?

    My current 596GB array? No, it's 5 x 160GB SATA drives attached to a Netcell
    SR5000 card and run by DaniS506.Add.

    I do have another machine with an LSILogic MegaRAID Express 500 card and 4 x
    18GB SCSI drives attached for a total of 52GB but that's tiny in comparison.

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com

  5. Re: Largest drive in use on OS/2

    On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:18:29 UTC, Chuck Meins
    wrote:

    > I've got a 300MB Maxtor disk on a USB port under eCS 1.2.

    Well, that may be one of the smallest hard drives in use on a modern
    system nowadays

    Unless you mean 300GB.

+ Reply to Thread