Value of /l switching with JFS? - OS2

This is a discussion on Value of /l switching with JFS? - OS2 ; Opinions Welcome: Is there any value to using the /l switch when formatting a new drive with JFS? It takes forever. Is there a useful gain?...

  1. Value of /l switching with JFS?

    Opinions Welcome:

    Is there any value to using the /l switch when formatting a new drive with
    JFS?

    It takes forever. Is there a useful gain?

  2. Re: Value of /l switching with JFS?

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > Opinions Welcome:
    >
    > Is there any value to using the /l switch when formatting a new drive with
    > JFS?
    >
    > It takes forever. Is there a useful gain?

    I does a full format.
    A quick format would not flag bad sectors.
    I do it with new drives and drives I am not sure if they are good or bad.

    Rich W.

+ Reply to Thread