Driver for LG GDR 8161-B - OS2

This is a discussion on Driver for LG GDR 8161-B - OS2 ; I need the driver for a DVD reader LG GDR 8161-B. Can you help me? My OS (Windows Xp ) doesn't recognize LG 8161-B....

  1. Driver for LG GDR 8161-B

    I need the driver for a DVD reader LG GDR 8161-B.

    Can you help me?

    My OS (Windows Xp ) doesn't recognize LG 8161-B.

  2. Re: Driver for LG GDR 8161-B

    Enrico wrote:
    > I need the driver for a DVD reader LG GDR 8161-B.
    >
    > Can you help me?
    >
    > My OS (Windows Xp ) doesn't recognize LG 8161-B.

    I doubt that any OS/2-driver will help you in Windows XP ;-)

  3. Re: Driver for LG GDR 8161-B

    Sir:

    Enrico wrote:
    > I need the driver for a DVD reader LG GDR 8161-B.
    >
    > Can you help me?
    >
    > My OS (Windows Xp ) doesn't recognize LG 8161-B.

    Try Lucky GoldStar web site. The documentation that came with the drive
    should have the URL. If not, Google for it.

    Also the open driver site has a BIOS ROM (firmware) update for this
    drive.
    .
    But be warned, that some have had problems with it. Make a backup of
    the existing driver.

    As others have said, you need to ask this question on a Windows newsgroup.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

+ Reply to Thread