cloning disk -- free space? - OS2

This is a discussion on cloning disk -- free space? - OS2 ; Just when I started trying to back up my ThinkPad in order to swap out hard drives, my secondary desktop computer started going flaky, so it looks like I'm upgrading two different computers instead of one. I'm cloning my 8-gig ...

  1. cloning disk -- free space?

    Just when I started trying to back up my ThinkPad in order to swap out
    hard drives, my secondary desktop computer started going flaky, so it
    looks like I'm upgrading two different computers instead of one.

    I'm cloning my 8-gig HD onto a 38-gig, both SCSI, using DFSee. They
    contain Windoze98, eCS 1.1, SuSE 9.1 partitions. If I simply use the
    clone function, will it all simply work, with the remainder of the disk
    space marked "free" at the end of the disk, available for partitioning?

    -rafe t.

  2. Re: cloning disk -- free space?

    Go to: http://www.dfsee.com/dfsee/support.php then click on the
    support link to get to the group on Yahoo!
    If you are a registered user, send an e-mail to: support@dfsee.com.
    Jan van Wijk, the author, is very helpful.

    --
    Tom Brown, Catherder

+ Reply to Thread