UDF directory permissions - OS2

This is a discussion on UDF directory permissions - OS2 ; Is there a way to set directory permissions (chmod) for UDF discs (DVD-RAM)? -- Per Johansson Systems developer http://per.johansson.name/...

  1. UDF directory permissions

    --
    Per Johansson
    Systems developer

  2. Re: UDF directory permissions

    Per Johansson schrieb:

    > Is there a way to set directory permissions (chmod) for UDF discs
    > (DVD-RAM)?

    Which directory permissions are you talking about ?

    Hendrik

  3. Re: UDF directory permissions

    On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:16:21 UTC, Hendrik Schmieder
    wrote:

    > Per Johansson schrieb:
    > >
    > > Is there a way to set directory permissions (chmod) for UDF discs
    > > (DVD-RAM)?

    > Which directory permissions are you talking about ?

    The permissions for the directories on a UDF disc. Like you can see
    when doing a CHKDSK on it.

    See OSTA Universal Disk Format Specification for details.

    --
    Per Johansson
    Systems developer

  4. Re: UDF directory permissions

    Sir:

    Per Johansson wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:16:21 UTC, Hendrik Schmieder
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Per Johansson schrieb:
    >>> Is there a way to set directory permissions (chmod) for UDF discs
    >>> (DVD-RAM)?

    >> Which directory permissions are you talking about ?
    >>

    > The permissions for the directories on a UDF disc. Like you can see
    > when doing a CHKDSK on it.
    >
    > See OSTA Universal Disk Format Specification for details.

    If you mean read, write, or hidden, then try CLU (Command Line
    Utilities) by Jonathan de Boyne Pollard. His attrib command will allow
    you to set or remove these attributes from directories.

    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  5. Re: UDF directory permissions

    On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:03:34 UTC, "William L. Hartzell"
    wrote:

    > Sir:
    >
    > Per Johansson wrote:
    > > On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:16:21 UTC, Hendrik Schmieder
    > > wrote:

    > >> Which directory permissions are you talking about ?
    > >>

    > > The permissions for the directories on a UDF disc. Like you can see
    > > when doing a CHKDSK on it.
    > >
    > > See OSTA Universal Disk Format Specification for details.
    > >

    > If you mean read, write, or hidden, then try CLU (Command Line
    > Utilities) by Jonathan de Boyne Pollard. His attrib command will allow
    > you to set or remove these attributes from directories.

    No, sorry, I mean permissions. I have CLU already.

    --
    Per Johansson
    Systems developer

  6. Re: UDF directory permissions

    Sir:

    Per Johansson wrote:
    > On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:03:34 UTC, "William L. Hartzell"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Sir:
    >>
    >> Per Johansson wrote:

    >>> The permissions for the directories on a UDF disc. Like you can see
    >>> when doing a CHKDSK on it.
    >>>
    >>> See OSTA Universal Disk Format Specification for details.
    >>>

    >> If you mean read, write, or hidden, then try CLU (Command Line
    >> Utilities) by Jonathan de Boyne Pollard. His attrib command will allow
    >> you to set or remove these attributes from directories.
    >>

    > No, sorry, I mean permissions. I have CLU already.

    Okay, I read (skimmed) the referenced specification, and no, I don't
    know of any OS/2 program that sets or unsets the permission bits on a
    (writable) UDF drive. Have you tried the CLU attrib command, as OS/2
    may map many of the attributes to these permission bits.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  7. Re: UDF directory permissions

    Per Johansson schrieb:

    > On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:03:34 UTC, "William L. Hartzell"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Sir:
    > >
    > > Per Johansson wrote:

    > > > The permissions for the directories on a UDF disc. Like you can see
    > > > when doing a CHKDSK on it.
    > > >
    > > > See OSTA Universal Disk Format Specification for details.
    > > >

    > > If you mean read, write, or hidden, then try CLU (Command Line
    > > Utilities) by Jonathan de Boyne Pollard. His attrib command will allow
    > > you to set or remove these attributes from directories.
    > >

    > No, sorry, I mean permissions. I have CLU already.

    Since you refuse to be more precise, I can only guess that you mean
    r(ead) w(rite) (e)x(ecutable) like in Linux.

    OS/2 doen't know anything about this concept,
    so I would be surprised if there would be an OS/2 utility
    with the ability you search for.

    Hendrik

  8. Re: UDF directory permissions

    On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:19:45 UTC, Hendrik Schmieder
    wrote:

    > Per Johansson schrieb:
    > >
    > > On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:03:34 UTC, "William L. Hartzell"
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > Sir:

    > > > If you mean read, write, or hidden, then try CLU (Command Line
    > > > Utilities) by Jonathan de Boyne Pollard. His attrib command will allow
    > > > you to set or remove these attributes from directories.
    > > >

    > > No, sorry, I mean permissions. I have CLU already.
    > >

    > Since you refuse to be more precise, I can only guess that you mean
    > r(ead) w(rite) (e)x(ecutable) like in Linux.
    >
    > OS/2 doen't know anything about this concept,
    > so I would be surprised if there would be an OS/2 utility
    > with the ability you search for.

    I don't know how I can be more precise. Providing long quotes from the
    refence I have cited? And of course OS/2 must know about this concept
    since OS/2 formatted discs have permissions set and even claim to be
    OSTA compliant.

    --
    Per Johansson
    Systems developer