Where can I get Warp3 FP43? - OS2

This is a discussion on Where can I get Warp3 FP43? - OS2 ; Hi, I'm looking for warp 3 FP43. Does any one know where I can find this file? Also when I get it how do I install it on my warp 3 system. Thank You for your time and help! Stacey...

  1. Where can I get Warp3 FP43?

    Hi,

    I'm looking for warp 3 FP43. Does any one know where I can find this
    file? Also when I get it how do I install it on my warp 3 system.

    Thank You for your time and help!

    Stacey

  2. Re: Where can I get Warp3 FP43?

    Stacey wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for warp 3 FP43. Does any one know where I can find this
    > file? Also when I get it how do I install it on my warp 3 system.
    >

    > Thank You for your time and help!
    >

    > Stacey

    I believe that, any FP's after FP 40 were intended for OS/2 Warp Server
    4 only - which was based on OS/2 Warp 3. Details are found here:

    http://www.warpupdates.mynetcologne...._fixpak30.html

    It's actually more of a license issue, than one of functionality. Those
    later FP's *could* be made to work on Warp 3 client...IBM just did not
    state that those FP's were intended for use on Warp 3 client systems.

    As to how to get it to install...there is some documentation that can
    be found amongst the links in the web page referenced above.

  3. Re: Where can I get Warp3 FP43?

    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:59:05 -0500, Stacey wrote:
    > I'm looking for warp 3 FP43. Does any one know where I can find this
    > file?

    Grab the contents of this directory:
    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/os2/rsu/xr_w043

    (You don't really need ftpinstl.zip, and you should probably replace
    csf143.zip with ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/produc...rsu/csf144.zip)

    > Also when I get it how do I install it on my warp 3 system.

    Strictly speaking, FixPak 43 isn't supported on non-Server Warp 3 systems,
    although it works perfectly well. If you want to do this anyway, then
    search http://hobbes.nmsu.edu for 'b120.zip'. Once you've read the
    contents of that file and followed the instructions, do the following to
    install the fixpak.

    Unzip XR_W*.ZIP to a temporary directory.

    Unzip CSF144.ZIP to some other directory. From that directory, run
    os2serv
    where is the fully-qualified path of the directory where you
    unzipped CSF144.ZIP, with '\CSF' appended to the end; and
    is the fully-qualified path of the directory where you unzipped
    XR_W*.ZIP.

    Follow the instructions. Reboot when done.

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).