Klaus Staedtler wrote:

> Trevor Hemsley wrote:

> > How about LILO which will be included in SuSE 9.0 I expect. I have it
> > installed here and _it_ boots Boot Manager and then I can choose from
> > my OS/2's.

> Suse uses since long GRUB,

GRUB is the default in all versions of SuSE I have installed: 8.0, 8.1,
8.2 & 9.0. Trevor's been using SuSE since way back when, prolly before
GRUB was born.

> it can boot Boot Manager too, and by default
> (if you don't take care) it is installed in the MBR. I clearly prefer to
> have Boot Manager to boot GRUB (which then can again boot Boot Manager
> ;-) and not the other way round.

What I do. :-)

> In this case you have to install GRUB
> (or LILO) in the /root partition and not in MBR.

It should be installed in /boot, which may or may not be a part of /. I
always create a separate little /boot in /dev/Xda5 and put GRUB there to
boot however many distros I have installed to various / partitions.
--
"The object and practice of liberty lies in the limitation of
governmental power." General Douglas MacArthur

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/partitioningindex.html