UDF filesystem: how to lock/unlock drives from command line? - OS2

This is a discussion on UDF filesystem: how to lock/unlock drives from command line? - OS2 ; since i am using the UDF filesystem (installation replaces PMFORMAT.EXE) I got to more menue items in the drives/properties list of CD-devices: "unlock drive" (in German 'Datenträger freigeben') "lock drive" (in German 'Laufwerk sperren') If drive is locked, than 'eject' ...

  1. UDF filesystem: how to lock/unlock drives from command line?

    since i am using the UDF filesystem (installation replaces PMFORMAT.EXE)
    I got to more menue items in the drives/properties list of CD-devices:
    "unlock drive" (in German 'Datenträger freigeben')
    "lock drive" (in German 'Laufwerk sperren')

    If drive is locked, than 'eject' no longer works, however a message is
    displayed that device does not accept this command. The tray is also
    locked and CD/DVD cannot be taken out. Only after: RMB in drives
    folder/unlock drive it is freed and eject works.

    Does somebody know how to perform this lock/unloch from the command line?

  2. correction: how to mount/unmount an UDF-Volume?

    Ingo wrote:
    > since i am using the UDF filesystem (installation replaces PMFORMAT.EXE)
    > I got two more menue items in the drives/properties list of CD-devices

    I now picked the correct English expressions from the english UUDF.DLL.
    It should be:
    unmount volume (or drive)
    mount volume (or drive?)

    If a drive is mounted, than 'eject command' no longer works, however a
    message is displayed that device does not accept this command. The tray
    is also locked and CD/DVD cannot be taken out. Only after: RMB in drives
    folder/unmount drive it is freed and eject works.

    Does anybody know, how to perform these actions from the command line?
    Or is there any documentation on the UDF-filesystem under OS/2 available?

    Ingo

  3. Solved: lock/unlock drives from command line?

    Ingo schrieb:
    > since i am using the UDF filesystem (installation replaces PMFORMAT.EXE)
    > I got to more menue items in the drives/properties list of CD-devices:
    > "unlock drive" (in German 'Datenträger freigeben')
    > "lock drive" (in German 'Laufwerk sperren')
    >
    > If drive is locked, than 'eject' no longer works, however a message is
    > displayed that device does not accept this command. The tray is also
    > locked and CD/DVD cannot be taken out. Only after: RMB in drives
    > folder/unlock drive it is freed and eject works.
    >
    > Does somebody know how to perform this lock/unloch from the command line?

    I just updated the UDF to version 2.1.3 and this one comes with the
    mentioned tools:
    lock.exe
    unlock.exe
    and they work fine!