Ecomstation 2.0RC1 install problems - OS2

This is a discussion on Ecomstation 2.0RC1 install problems - OS2 ; Hi All, I am trying to install this onto my Dell Inspiron 510M laptop, however after booting from the cd, and selecting "using default values", I get 2 errors: OS2 !! SYS02025 OS2 !! SYS02027 From what I have gathered ...

  1. Ecomstation 2.0RC1 install problems

    Hi All,

    I am trying to install this onto my Dell Inspiron 510M laptop, however
    after booting from the cd, and selecting "using default values", I get
    2 errors:

    OS2 !! SYS02025
    OS2 !! SYS02027

    From what I have gathered (from googling), the first error is a disk
    read error and the second one is basically one to say "insert a disk I
    can actually read"

    I have tried turning various things off too in the install options,
    eg: use the IBM1S506 driver instead of the DANIS506 driver, even
    resorted to trying plain old int 13h disk IO.. No go. Mind you on the
    same machine, ECS 1.2 boots from its cd and installs fine.

    The problem is this, I have tested the cdrom on 3 other machines
    (desktop machines) and it does not die on this error at all, it boots
    normally, so it cant be the cdrom disc.

    Now for the sillies.. Which disk cant the installer read? Is it
    complaining about the cd-rom? Is there some issue with the memory disk
    the boot cd creates? Is there some problem with the hard disk (that 4
    other operating systems tested on this machine, have failed to notice?)

    Can anyone point me in the right direction for resolving this?

    Cheers
    Al.

  2. Re: Ecomstation 2.0RC1 install problems

    al bundy wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am trying to install this onto my Dell Inspiron 510M laptop, however
    > after booting from the cd, and selecting "using default values", I get
    > 2 errors:
    >
    > OS2 !! SYS02025
    > OS2 !! SYS02027
    >
    > From what I have gathered (from googling), the first error is a disk
    > read error and the second one is basically one to say "insert a disk I
    > can actually read"
    >
    > I have tried turning various things off too in the install options,
    > eg: use the IBM1S506 driver instead of the DANIS506 driver, even
    > resorted to trying plain old int 13h disk IO.. No go. Mind you on the
    > same machine, ECS 1.2 boots from its cd and installs fine.
    >
    > The problem is this, I have tested the cdrom on 3 other machines
    > (desktop machines) and it does not die on this error at all, it boots
    > normally, so it cant be the cdrom disc.
    >
    > Now for the sillies.. Which disk cant the installer read? Is it
    > complaining about the cd-rom? Is there some issue with the memory disk
    > the boot cd creates? Is there some problem with the hard disk (that 4
    > other operating systems tested on this machine, have failed to notice?)
    >
    > Can anyone point me in the right direction for resolving this?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Al.

    Is the bios of the machine set to boot from the cd?

    --
    Jack Wise

    TEXAS red wine: renowned for its smoky-mesquite-bbq & jalapeno
    overtones, the perfect foil for a meal of tacos and refried beans...

+ Reply to Thread