iomega ditto PP tape drive - OS2

This is a discussion on iomega ditto PP tape drive - OS2 ; I just picked up a "brand new" shrinkwrapped iomega ditto parallel port tape drive. The box lists "OS/2 software" as an accessory. I checked the iomega site and, of course, this unit is no longer supported, and, naturally, nothing is ...

  1. iomega ditto PP tape drive

    I just picked up a "brand new" shrinkwrapped iomega ditto parallel port
    tape drive. The box lists "OS/2 software" as an accessory. I checked
    the iomega site and, of course, this unit is no longer supported, and,
    naturally, nothing is orderable or downloadable for it.

    Before I invest any time in playing with it, I'd like to hear:
    1. Has anyone used this? If so, what were your experiences?
    2. Does anyone have a copy of the OS/2 software for it?
    Presumably this would include drivers, what else?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: iomega ditto PP tape drive

    In <46b1103f$0$8954$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>, on 08/01/2007
    at 07:00 PM, Peter Flass said:

    >I just picked up a "brand new" shrinkwrapped iomega ditto parallel port
    >tape drive. The box lists "OS/2 software" as an accessory. I checked
    >the iomega site and, of course, this unit is no longer supported, and,
    >naturally, nothing is orderable or downloadable for it.

    >Before I invest any time in playing with it, I'd like to hear:
    > 1. Has anyone used this? If so, what were your experiences?
    > 2. Does anyone have a copy of the OS/2 software for it?
    > Presumably this would include drivers, what else?

    Didn't it come with drivers? -- Is this a Tape 250 drive? It seems
    like there were some drivers on a disk that came with Warp 4. But it was
    years ago and I don't remember where I saw them.

    >Thanks.

  3. Re: iomega ditto PP tape drive

    Sir:

    Peter Flass wrote:
    > I just picked up a "brand new" shrinkwrapped iomega ditto parallel port
    > tape drive. The box lists "OS/2 software" as an accessory. I checked
    > the iomega site and, of course, this unit is no longer supported, and,
    > naturally, nothing is orderable or downloadable for it.
    >
    > Before I invest any time in playing with it, I'd like to hear:
    > 1. Has anyone used this? If so, what were your experiences?
    > 2. Does anyone have a copy of the OS/2 software for it?
    > Presumably this would include drivers, what else?

    You had to buy tape backup software. Backmaster is one that supported
    the device. Google on it.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  4. Re: iomega ditto PP tape drive

    I used to had one which is long dead.
    I still have a ditto.zip in my hard disk that should contain the backup
    program which came with it.
    I also have old backup tapes that I have no way to read ;.)

    Piersante

    Peter Flass wrote:
    > 2. Does anyone have a copy of the OS/2 software for it?
    > Presumably this would include drivers, what else?
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread