Installdiskett nr1 - OS2

This is a discussion on Installdiskett nr1 - OS2 ; Installing warp4.. I type alt-f2 when the os2-blob is visible to se what is happening. The first diskett works and the second too for a while. But suddenly it stops. "Loading fd16-700.snp" is what I read for ever. I have ...

  1. Installdiskett nr1

    Installing warp4.. I type alt-f2 when the os2-blob is visible to se
    what is happening. The first diskett works and the second too for a
    while. But suddenly it stops. "Loading fd16-700.snp" is what I read
    for ever. I have made 3 sets of diskettes and they all behave exactly
    the same. Can I stop that fd16-700-loading. I tried to rem out
    fd16-700.add in config.sys but that did not work. There is no scsi in
    the pc. What shall I do?

  2. Re: Installdiskett nr1

    On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 20:12:04 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.misc, m8735@abc.se wrote:

    > Installing warp4.. I type alt-f2 when the os2-blob is visible to se
    > what is happening. The first diskett works and the second too for a
    > while. But suddenly it stops. "Loading fd16-700.snp" is what I read
    > for ever. I have made 3 sets of diskettes and they all behave exactly
    > the same. Can I stop that fd16-700-loading. I tried to rem out
    > fd16-700.add in config.sys but that did not work. There is no scsi in
    > the pc. What shall I do?

    There should be a file called snoop.lst and it contains a reference to the .snp
    files that should be loaded. You need to edit that and comment out the line
    loding the snp driver causing your problem.

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com

  3. Re: Installdiskett nr1

    In , on 07/28/2007
    at 05:04 PM, "Trevor Hemsley"
    said:

    Hi,

    >> Installing warp4.. I type alt-f2 when the os2-blob is visible to se
    >> what is happening. The first diskett works and the second too for a
    >> while. But suddenly it stops. "Loading fd16-700.snp" is what I read
    >> for ever. I have made 3 sets of diskettes and they all behave exactly
    >> the same. Can I stop that fd16-700-loading. I tried to rem out
    >> fd16-700.add in config.sys but that did not work. There is no scsi in
    >> the pc. What shall I do?

    >There should be a file called snoop.lst and it contains a reference to
    >the .snp files that should be loaded. You need to edit that and comment
    >out the line loding the snp driver causing your problem.

    Since the hardware is a bit too new for the original Warp4 install
    diskettes, the OP might want to see if updated install diskettes at

    are still available. These should reduce the work needed to get a usable
    set of install diskettes.

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00 beta 08pre #10183

  4. Re: Installdiskett nr1

    They're still there. Even though I'd grabbed a set when I reinstalled
    Warp last year, I D/L'd them again. You have to copy this stuff while
    you can.

    Steven Levine wrote:
    > In , on 07/28/2007
    > at 05:04 PM, "Trevor Hemsley"
    > said:
    >
    > Hi,
    >

    >>>Installing warp4.. I type alt-f2 when the os2-blob is visible to se
    >>>what is happening. The first diskett works and the second too for a
    >>>while. But suddenly it stops. "Loading fd16-700.snp" is what I read
    >>>for ever. I have made 3 sets of diskettes and they all behave exactly
    >>>the same. Can I stop that fd16-700-loading. I tried to rem out
    >>>fd16-700.add in config.sys but that did not work. There is no scsi in
    >>>the pc. What shall I do?

    >>There should be a file called snoop.lst and it contains a reference to
    >>the .snp files that should be loaded. You need to edit that and comment
    >>out the line loding the snp driver causing your problem.

    > Since the hardware is a bit too new for the original Warp4 install
    > diskettes, the OP might want to see if updated install diskettes at
    >

    > are still available. These should reduce the work needed to get a usable
    > set of install diskettes.
    >

    > Steven

+ Reply to Thread