I cleaned up too much - OS2

This is a discussion on I cleaned up too much - OS2 ; In getting rid of previous desktops (I had 3 still have one) I managed to get rid of the task bar (?) or whatever the bottom line on the screen is called. How can I get it back? Thanks....

  1. I cleaned up too much

    In getting rid of previous desktops (I had 3 still have one) I managed
    to get rid of the task bar (?) or whatever the bottom line on the screen
    is called. How can I get it back?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: I cleaned up too much

    Leo Tick wrote:
    > In getting rid of previous desktops (I had 3 still have one) I managed
    > to get rid of the task bar (?) or whatever the bottom line on the screen
    > is called. How can I get it back?
    > Thanks.

    One way would be to click into the 'previous desktop' in the 'OS/2
    System' folder and then drag-and-drop the toolbar icon over into your
    startup folder. Another way would be to restore an old desktop from
    archive by using Alt-F1 at boot time when the 'OS/2' and white blob show
    up in the upper left corner.
    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and Sea Monkey 1.5a

  3. Re: I cleaned up too much

    Leo Tick wrote:
    > In getting rid of previous desktops (I had 3 still have one) I managed
    > to get rid of the task bar (?) or whatever the bottom line on the screen
    > is called. How can I get it back?
    > Thanks.

    Open the Local System folder.

    In Local System, open the Startup folder.

    Open the Programs folder

    In Programs open Utilities

    dreg and drop ecenter from Utilities to Startup

    This will cause ecenter to open automatically on each subsequent boot.

    Finally double click on ecenter.

    This will open ecenter for the current session.

  4. Re: I cleaned up too much

    James J. Weinkam wrote:
    > Leo Tick wrote:
    >> In getting rid of previous desktops (I had 3 still have one) I managed
    >> to get rid of the task bar (?) or whatever the bottom line on the
    >> screen is called. How can I get it back?
    >> Thanks.

    > Open the Local System folder.
    >
    > In Local System, open the Startup folder.
    >
    > Open the Programs folder
    >
    > In Programs open Utilities
    >
    > dreg and drop ecenter from Utilities to Startup
    >
    > This will cause ecenter to open automatically on each subsequent boot.
    >
    > Finally double click on ecenter.
    >
    > This will open ecenter for the current session.

    Good suggestion BUT I do not have the the ecenter entry in utilities.
    Looks like I need to do a reinstall. I there a command file that does that?

  5. Re: I cleaned up too much

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:18:49 GMT, Leo Tick wrote:
    >>> In getting rid of previous desktops (I had 3 still have one) I managed
    >>> to get rid of the task bar (?) or whatever the bottom line on the
    >>> screen is called. How can I get it back?

    >> Open the Local System folder.
    >> In Local System, open the Startup folder.
    >> Open the Programs folder
    >> In Programs open Utilities
    >> dreg and drop ecenter from Utilities to Startup
    >> This will cause ecenter to open automatically on each subsequent boot.
    >> Finally double click on ecenter.
    >> This will open ecenter for the current session.

    > Good suggestion BUT I do not have the the ecenter entry in utilities.
    > Looks like I need to do a reinstall. I there a command file that does that?

    Really, the first question is whether you were using eCenter or WarpCenter
    (or something else). You have to know that before you can recreate it.

    If you run XWorkplace or have eCS 1.1+, then you _probably_ are using
    eCenter/xCenter (they're the same thing). Look for the "WPS Class List"
    (or possibly just "Class List") object in System Setup. If you have it,
    you can create a new XCenter by expanding WPObject->XFldObject->WPAbstract,
    locating & right-clicking on "XCenter" and choosing "Create Object".

    (If you have eCS 1.1 or 1.2, then the Class List object may not exist;
    however, you should be able to create it using the REXX script below.)
    -----8<-------------------------------------------------------8<-----
    /* CLASSLIST.CMD
    * Create the XWP Class List object in the System Setup folder.
    */
    CALL RxFuncAdd 'SysLoadFuncs', 'REXXUTIL', 'SysLoadFuncs'
    CALL SysLoadFuncs

    PARSE VALUE SysIni('USER', 'XWorkplace', 'XFolderPath') with ewpdir '00'x .
    IF LEFT( ewpdir, 6 ) == 'ERROR:' THEN DO
    SAY 'Unable to locate eWorkplace/XWorkplace installation.'
    RETURN 1
    END
    xwpdll = ewpdir'\bin\xfldr.dll'
    IF STREAM( xwpdll, 'C', 'QUERY EXISTS') == '' THEN DO
    SAY ewpdir 'not found.'
    RETURN 2
    END

    reg = SysRegisterObjectClass('XWPClassList', ewpdir'\bin\xfldr.dll')
    obj = SysCreateObject('XWPClassList', 'WPS Class List', '',,
    'OBJECTID=;' 'F')
    IF \obj THEN DO
    SAY 'Failed to create Class List object.'
    RETURN 3
    END

    RETURN 0
    -----8<-------------------------------------------------------8<-----

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).

  6. Re: I cleaned up too much

    On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:06:01 UTC, Alex Taylor
    wrote:

    > >> Open the Local System folder.
    > >> In Local System, open the Startup folder.
    > >> Open the Programs folder
    > >> In Programs open Utilities
    > >> dreg and drop ecenter from Utilities to Startup
    > >> This will cause ecenter to open automatically on each subsequent boot.
    > >> Finally double click on ecenter.
    > >> This will open ecenter for the current session.

    > > Good suggestion BUT I do not have the the ecenter entry in utilities.
    > > Looks like I need to do a reinstall. I there a command file that does that?

    > Really, the first question is whether you were using eCenter or WarpCenter
    > (or something else). You have to know that before you can recreate it.
    >
    > If you run XWorkplace or have eCS 1.1+, then you _probably_ are using
    > eCenter/xCenter (they're the same thing). Look for the "WPS Class List"
    > (or possibly just "Class List") object in System Setup. If you have it,
    > you can create a new XCenter by expanding WPObject->XFldObject->WPAbstract,
    > locating & right-clicking on "XCenter" and choosing "Create Object".
    >

    > (If you have eCS 1.1 or 1.2, then the Class List object may not exist;
    > however, you should be able to create it using the REXX script below.)
    > -----8<-------------------------------------------------------8<-----
    > /* CLASSLIST.CMD
    > * Create the XWP Class List object in the System Setup folder.
    > */
    > CALL RxFuncAdd 'SysLoadFuncs', 'REXXUTIL', 'SysLoadFuncs'
    > CALL SysLoadFuncs
    >
    > PARSE VALUE SysIni('USER', 'XWorkplace', 'XFolderPath') with ewpdir '00'x .
    > IF LEFT( ewpdir, 6 ) == 'ERROR:' THEN DO
    > SAY 'Unable to locate eWorkplace/XWorkplace installation.'
    > RETURN 1
    > END
    > xwpdll = ewpdir'\bin\xfldr.dll'
    > IF STREAM( xwpdll, 'C', 'QUERY EXISTS') == '' THEN DO
    > SAY ewpdir 'not found.'
    > RETURN 2
    > END
    >
    > reg = SysRegisterObjectClass('XWPClassList', ewpdir'\bin\xfldr.dll')
    > obj = SysCreateObject('XWPClassList', 'WPS Class List', '',,
    > 'OBJECTID=;' 'F')
    > IF \obj THEN DO
    > SAY 'Failed to create Class List object.'
    > RETURN 3
    > END
    >
    > RETURN 0

    And if Warp 4, Warpcenter is lost, the program ORC (Object Recreator)
    will let you create a new Warpcenter icon. It's probably on Hobbes.

    Then just drag it (icon) to the startup folder, or put in config.sys:

    SET AUTOSTART=,WARPCENTER

    --
    Barbara