Ingo wrote:

> Therefore I am wondring if anybody successfully installed OS/2 in
> VirtualBox, which just moved to 1.4.0?

Yes here

OS/2 4.50 runs on VirtualBox 1.3.8 on Windows XP

I updated to 1.4.0 but then OS/2 does not see the virtual HD.
Neither IBM nor DaniS driver detects a disc.
So I downgraded to 1.3.8.

2 Tips for installation:
1. OS/2 needs HardwareVirtualziation (Intel VT)
VirtualBox supports this but it is disabled.
To enable it you have to edit the Configfile of the Virtual Machine.
\.VirtualBox\Machines\[Maschinenname].xml

2. set the hpfs cache on the setup media to the maximum of 2048
Otherwise installation is very slow

regards Stefan