How to stop lprmon from printing the summary page? - OS2

This is a discussion on How to stop lprmon from printing the summary page? - OS2 ; I print to an HP 4650PS on a TCP/IP connection via lprmon. I use the following line in startup.cmd to set it up: start "HP 4650PS (LPRMon)" /n /b c:\tcpip\bin\lprmon.exe s155.34.146.120 -php4650 lpt2 (this is all on one line) My ...

  1. How to stop lprmon from printing the summary page?

    I print to an HP 4650PS on a TCP/IP connection via lprmon. I use the
    following line in startup.cmd to set it up:

    start "HP 4650PS (LPRMon)" /n /b c:\tcpip\bin\lprmon.exe
    s155.34.146.120 -php4650 lpt2
    (this is all on one line)

    My problem is that every print job is followed by a summary page with
    only 4 lines: User, Host, Class and Job. It's a waste of paper but I
    can't figure out how to stop it from printing. I assume that it's from
    lprmon since it happens with other printers as well.

    Does anyone know how to stop this page from printing?

    Chuck Meins

  2. Re: How to stop lprmon from printing the summary page?

    Sounds like a separator page...
    Go to your printer > Properties > Print Options and ensure that the
    Separator page File box is blank.
    If this is the case, I don't know how to fix it!

    HTH

    --
    Tom Brown, Catherder

  3. Re: How to stop lprmon from printing the summary page?

    On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:23:15 -0500, Chuck Meins
    wrote:
    > I print to an HP 4650PS on a TCP/IP connection via lprmon. I use the
    > following line in startup.cmd to set it up:
    >
    > start "HP 4650PS (LPRMon)" /n /b c:\tcpip\bin\lprmon.exe
    > s155.34.146.120 -php4650 lpt2
    > (this is all on one line)
    >
    > My problem is that every print job is followed by a summary page with
    > only 4 lines: User, Host, Class and Job. It's a waste of paper but I
    > can't figure out how to stop it from printing. I assume that it's from
    > lprmon since it happens with other printers as well.

    This is normally controlled by the print server (lpd). You don't say how
    the printer is set up. If it's running off an OS/2 box via lpd, you can
    change the parameters to omit the banner page.

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).

  4. Re: How to stop lprmon from printing the summary page?

    Alex Taylor wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:23:15 -0500, Chuck Meins
    > wrote:
    >> I print to an HP 4650PS on a TCP/IP connection via lprmon. I use the
    >> following line in startup.cmd to set it up:
    >>
    >> start "HP 4650PS (LPRMon)" /n /b c:\tcpip\bin\lprmon.exe
    >> s155.34.146.120 -php4650 lpt2
    >> (this is all on one line)
    >>
    >> My problem is that every print job is followed by a summary page with
    >> only 4 lines: User, Host, Class and Job. It's a waste of paper but I
    >> can't figure out how to stop it from printing. I assume that it's from
    >> lprmon since it happens with other printers as well.

    > This is normally controlled by the print server (lpd). You don't say how
    > the printer is set up. If it's running off an OS/2 box via lpd, you can
    > change the parameters to omit the banner page.

    It's a networked printer with a direct connection to the local net so no
    pc's of any flavor OS are involved. I'm only running lprmon on my box,
    not lpr or lprportd.

    Chuck Meins

  5. Re: How to stop lprmon from printing the summary page?

    Tom Brown wrote:
    > Sounds like a separator page...
    > Go to your printer > Properties > Print Options and ensure that the
    > Separator page File box is blank.
    > If this is the case, I don't know how to fix it!

    (snip)

    Unfortunately, entering or changing a separator page doesn't help.

    Chuck

  6. Re: How to stop lprmon from printing the summary page?

    Hi Chuck

    Chuck Meins wrote:
    > Alex Taylor wrote:
    >> On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:23:15 -0500, Chuck Meins
    >> wrote:
    >>> I print to an HP 4650PS on a TCP/IP connection via lprmon. I use the
    >>> following line in startup.cmd to set it up:
    >>>
    >>> start "HP 4650PS (LPRMon)" /n /b c:\tcpip\bin\lprmon.exe
    >>> s155.34.146.120 -php4650 lpt2
    >>> (this is all on one line)
    >>>
    >>> My problem is that every print job is followed by a summary page with
    >>> only 4 lines: User, Host, Class and Job. It's a waste of paper but I
    >>> can't figure out how to stop it from printing. I assume that it's
    >>> from lprmon since it happens with other printers as well.

    >> This is normally controlled by the print server (lpd). You don't say how
    >> the printer is set up. If it's running off an OS/2 box via lpd, you can
    >> change the parameters to omit the banner page.

    > It's a networked printer with a direct connection to the local net so no
    > pc's of any flavor OS are involved. I'm only running lprmon on my box,
    > not lpr or lprportd.
    >
    > Chuck Meins

    Sounds like the separator page option is built into the print server.
    Can you adjust the print server settings using a browser?

    Regards

    Pete

  7. Re: How to stop lprmon from printing the summary page?

    Peter Brown wrote:
    > Chuck Meins wrote:
    >> Alex Taylor wrote:

    (snip)

    > Sounds like the separator page option is built into the print server.
    > Can you adjust the print server settings using a browser?

    Wow, I never looked at a print server through a browser before. There's
    a lot of information available. Now I'll be able to tell if/when my job
    has printed so I won't have to traipse up and down the hallway for no
    reason.

    Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on separator pages.

    Chuck Meins

+ Reply to Thread