New daylight savings time - OS2

This is a discussion on New daylight savings time - OS2 ; Hi, is there a writeup on how to set eCS or WARP for the new North American Daylight Savings Time? Thanks...

  1. New daylight savings time

    Hi,

    is there a writeup on how to set eCS or WARP for the new North American
    Daylight Savings Time?

    Thanks

  2. Re: New daylight savings time

    On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:07:26 -0500 (EST), FEEB wrote:
    > is there a writeup on how to set eCS or WARP for the new North American
    > Daylight Savings Time?

    Since OS/2 does not natively handle DST at all, you don't have to do
    anything for vanilla Warp (other than change the day when you normally
    adjust the system clock manually).

    If you have installed software that automates this for you, you'll have to
    consult your software's documentation.

    I use time synchronization software that uses either the TIME or SNTP
    protocol. That way I don't have to do anything other than make sure your
    TZ variable is correct. (Check the documentation for SET TZ in the
    ConfigTool database or some other source.)

    For eCS 1.x, there is an update for the bundled eClock utility available
    for install via ECSMT.

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).

  3. Re: New daylight savings time

    On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:07:26 UTC, "FEEB"
    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > is there a writeup on how to set eCS or WARP for the new North American
    > Daylight Savings Time?
    >
    > Thanks

    Per discussions among SCOUG members, the following appears to be the
    correct line in CONFIG.SYS:

    SET TZ=PST8PDT,3,2,0,7200,11,1,0,7200,3600

    YMMV!

    --
    Tom Brown, Catherder

  4. Re: New daylight savings time

    FEEB
    ], who wrote in article :
    > Hi,
    >
    > is there a writeup on how to set eCS or WARP for the new North American
    > Daylight Savings Time?

    There is no way to accomodate the new rule with the existing CRTL:
    they expect that the transition is governed by the same rule each
    year... So if you switch TZ to the new rule, the file dates are going
    to be treated correctly for the files after last October; but older
    files' dates would go out-of-sync. [Important if you mirror some
    files, do backups, etc.]

    Hope this helps,
    Ilya

+ Reply to Thread