RTL 8132 NIC addition to network configuration - OS2

This is a discussion on RTL 8132 NIC addition to network configuration - OS2 ; I have a supposedly compatible OS/2 Network Interface Card and it's supposed to have OS/2 drivers on the diskette. I have in the configuration told it to load the drivers and received a message that files were being copied. However ...

  1. RTL 8132 NIC addition to network configuration

    I have a supposedly compatible OS/2 Network Interface Card and it's
    supposed to have OS/2 drivers on the diskette. I have in the
    configuration told it to load the drivers and received a message that
    files were being copied. However I do not see the driver(s) in the list
    and such I can't add it to the configuration. Ideas?

  2. Re: RTL 8132 NIC addition to network configuration

    On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:20:06 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.misc, scott
    wrote:

    > I have a supposedly compatible OS/2 Network Interface Card and it's
    > supposed to have OS/2 drivers on the diskette. I have in the
    > configuration told it to load the drivers and received a message that
    > files were being copied. However I do not see the driver(s) in the list
    > and such I can't add it to the configuration. Ideas?

    There was a bug in some versions of MPTS that meant you could not see the driver
    you just added to the list unless you quit MPTS and started it back up again.
    Might it be this?

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com

  3. Re: RTL 8132 NIC addition to network configuration

    scott wrote:
    > I have a supposedly compatible OS/2 Network Interface Card and it's
    > supposed to have OS/2 drivers on the diskette. I have in the
    > configuration told it to load the drivers and received a message that
    > files were being copied. However I do not see the driver(s) in the list
    > and such I can't add it to the configuration. Ideas?

    The MPTS copy of the network driver in from (typically) A:\NDIS\OS2\ to
    \IBMCOM\MACS does not always work.

    This gives a SYS1718 failure (device not found) failure when rebooting.

    Just place the driver (*.OS2) and its *.NIF configuration file manually
    in \IBMCOM\MACS.

    If a SYS1718 disappears the driver should be loaded. Otherwise startup
    MPTS.EXE again (the combination of driver and NIF file in \IBMCOM\MACS
    should be seen by the program now).

    Sjoerd Visser

  4. Re: RTL 8132 NIC addition to network configuration

    On 02/15/07 06:20 pm scott wrote:

    > I have a supposedly compatible OS/2 Network Interface Card and it's
    > supposed to have OS/2 drivers on the diskette. I have in the
    > configuration told it to load the drivers and received a message that
    > files were being copied. However I do not see the driver(s) in the list
    > and such I can't add it to the configuration. Ideas?

    Try these drivers instead:

    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/syste...k/rtsnd323.zip

    Perce

+ Reply to Thread