How to amend installation diskette - OS2

This is a discussion on How to amend installation diskette - OS2 ; Hi, How do I update the warp 4 installation diskette to allow the use of a modern CDRW/DVD disk drive during installation? Regards Steve Jarvis...

  1. How to amend installation diskette

    Hi,
    How do I update the warp 4 installation diskette to allow the use of a
    modern CDRW/DVD disk drive during installation?

    Regards Steve Jarvis

  2. Re: How to amend installation diskette

    steve wrote:
    > Hi,
    > How do I update the warp 4 installation diskette to allow the use of a
    > modern CDRW/DVD disk drive during installation?
    >
    > Regards Steve Jarvis

    For the Warp 4 installation you will need only the CD-ROM features of
    the DVD drive (;-).

    You could use the install diskettes from
    http://www.warpdoctor.org/downloads.html to that support large IDE
    drives, because this is the major problem during during warp 4
    installation. When Warp 4 came out in 1996 the current large disks were
    non-existent

    Later you can find out if the DVD R/W features of your device are
    supported by RSJ CD Writer Filesystem for OS/2 or the latest UDF drivers
    from IBM.

    See: http://www.rsj.de/stage/en/download/downos2.asp

    or
    http://www.os2voice.org/searchnl.html and search for UDF.

    Sjoerd Visser

  3. Re: How to amend installation diskette

    On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:27:09 +0000, steve
    wrote:
    > How do I update the warp 4 installation diskette to allow the use of a
    > modern CDRW/DVD disk drive during installation?

    Warp 4 should be able to install from an IDE CD drive out of the box.

    But, to update the support for CD drives (and for large hard disks),
    download
    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/produc...ur/idedasd.exe
    and follow the instructions for updating the installation diskettes.

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).